SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2015.5 XC60 Premier Plus and I want to add auto dimming side mirror
Looking at the installation instructions on Volvo side mirrors accessory I understood that t car comes pre wired just to change side mirror glass. Is this true? Anybody investiga this? Thanks

Registered
From what I can tell looking at the accessories page, the auto dimming side mirrors use the same sensor as the interior rear view mirror. If it detects a dazzling light it'll dim all three mirrors. It also seems there is no dedicated exterior mirror housing (housing as in the entire assembly protruding from the door) for the feature.

You should be able to just fit the mirror glasses, yes, but you'll also have to get the software loaded for them to actually function. You'll need your dealer to do that. I think it seems pretty straight-forward even though I imagine the mirrors will be expensive.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your feedback 'Schmoyoho'. In my opinion if there is no option through My Car menu to turn on/off the dimming function there is no need to flash system through Vida Dice. I added this function to my 2011 Toyota Sienna and there was just wiring from Center Rear View mirror to the side mirrors involved.
I believe that if I pop-up a mirror side glass I should be able to see the unplugged dimming connector for dimming glass. If I don't see it it means there is need to wire from door control module to side mirror?!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can somebody with XC60 Platinum model take a picture of the back of the side mirror glass for me? My e-mail [email protected]. Thank you

Registered
Here is the back of an auto dimming aspheric LH mirror glass I just got.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much. I am assuming that the bottom small white connector is the connector for the auto dimming mirror. Are you going to change your mirror? Is it to much to ask sending a picture with the mirror housing auto dimming wire that connects to the glass? I would like to pop-up my mirror glass and compare with mine to see if I have the dimming connector on mirror body. Thank you again for picture you've sent.

Registered
I am going to change it out, hopefully this week. It just needs to stop raining 24/7. I assume the wire is for dimming based on where it connects into the mirror vs. power for the heating element. I will take a couple of pics when I tackle this.

Registered
Any chance you can get an internal pic of the side mirror light (for the home safe lighting) bulb and surrounds (mirror connection point) ........I was thinking of swapping mine for a LED bulb, but don't want to destroy my side mirrors in the process.

Registered
I'm very interested if this works. We have the auto dimming rear view mirror but not side mirrors.

What are you guys paying for the glass?

Registered

You can't easily see the bulb for the puddle light. The LH glass was $300, so probably $600 plus maybe a software download to get it to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you very much for this picture, now I know what to look for. The glass is not cheap I know. Do you have any option own you 'car setting' / 'mirrors' menu for auto dining ... like to turn on off ? if you don't I don't believe a software update is required ...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Registered
Part # for the euro aspheric LH mirror is 31352510. Ironically it is made in the USA.

Registered
Thank you very much for this picture, now I know what to look for. The glass is not cheap I know. Do you have any option own you 'car setting' / 'mirrors' menu for auto dining ... like to turn on off ? if you don't I don't believe a software update is required ...
I will have to check my wife's car menu tomorrow.

Registered
Thanks for the pic. How hard is it to pull the old mirror out?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What means Euro aspherical glass and what is the difference to a normal auto dimming glass , p/n I sent you.

Registered

It takes some force once you get your fingers behind the outside edge of the glass. Here are the official instructions along with the note from the parts dept.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you John

Registered
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts