SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously owned an '04 S60R, sold it a couple of years ago and am back in the market - looking at a 2006 and the carfax has the service history listed - the car has 42,000 miles and service history documents that it is on it's third set of tires - that seems excessive - I searched the forum and found no posts about this issue - does this raise a red flag about the car?<p>thanks!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I don't think that's excessive considering the type of OEM tires on the car, the high horsepower, and the potential for spirited driving. If you are concerned, pay to have a quality alignment done and that should give you peace of mind that the car is adjusted properly.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Premature tire wear? (scottymon)

Considering that most of the OEM PZeros didn't make it past 15K, not surprising at all.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Re: Premature tire wear? (MagoonR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MagoonR</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Considering that most of the OEM PZeros didn't make it past 15K, not surprising at all. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yup, I bought mine with just under 20K on it and it had the OEM PZeros on it and they were like racing slicks. <p>To the OP, that doesn't sound too out of whack.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My car won't hold an alignment worth squat, what with the road conditions around here. Just about to roll over 45k, and need my 3rd set of summer/all season tires, and my car spends 4-6 months a year on snows. Oh, and I need new snows now, too. <shakes fist>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts