SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to pre-order the XC90. Never pre-ordered a car before. Dealer wants a $1,000 which I am okay with. Can I use a Credit Credit? If yes, should I use a Credit Card or just a cashiers check? Thank you.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Usually a personal check would be good. Not sure about credit card, because there is credit card service fee involved.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually a personal check would be good. Not sure about credit card, because there is credit card service fee involved.
I forgot about the credit card service fee. I don't think the delaers wants to pay it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I actually paid the $1K deposit with a credit card. My dealer took it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
99% of Volvo retailers will accept $1,000 deposits made with a credit card. As always, just discuss it with them. Open communication solves a lot of potential problems.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
99% of Volvo retailers will accept $1,000 deposits made with a credit card. As always, just discuss it with them. Open communication solves a lot of potential problems.
Thank you for the reply. I see your are from Southern California. Do you have any advice on which dealers I should work with or stay away from?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm getting ready to pre-order the XC90. Never pre-ordered a car before. Dealer wants a $1,000 which I am okay with. Can I use a Credit Credit? If yes, should I use a Credit Card or just a cashiers check? Thank you.
Varies by dealer. Every dealer can have their own rules. Mine let me charge a small amount by credit card -- I don't recall how much but it was a few thousand -- then I used a personal check for the rest. I preferred the credit card for as much as possible since I got 1.5% cash back.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I see your are from Southern California. Do you have any advice on which dealers I should work with or stay away from?
I work for VCNA so all Volvo retailers should be able to assist you. If you want, PM me the area of LA you live/work at and I will be glad to guide you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
For my $1k deposit, I used my Fidelity Investments American Express CC which gives me 2% cash back with no cap :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
For my $1k deposit, I used my Fidelity Investments American Express CC which gives me 2% cash back with no cap :)
Nice. My 1.5% card was a Fidelity too, at the time. I just recently switched to a BofA card that is giving me the equivalent of 2.625% back. It technically gives you credits toward travel rewards but all you have to do is use your card to buy travel from any site or direct merchant you want -- airlines, hotel, amusement park, etc. -- and they credit your card same as cash. No need to use their sites to book or get a voucher, etc. No cap. I have a separate card that gives me 5.25% cash back on gas and 3.5% for groceries, that I use just for those items. The deals keep getting better...

·
Registered
702 Posts
My dealer was willing to take up to $2k via credit card.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I work for VCNA so all Volvo retailers should be able to assist you. If you want, PM me the area of LA you live/work at and I will be glad to guide you.
I'll send you a PM.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Free piece of advice. When putting down a deposit have it written into your contract
under what terms and conditions a refund will be given. Verbal guarantees mean nothing
and are not legally binding. :saber:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts