SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got IPD Stage 2 and DP in today....getting ready for install....I've been reading I might wanna wrap or coat my DP.......is this really necessary or a preventive measure?......pros and cons and suggestions please.......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: Pre Mod Preparation (coolbob37)

To wrap the downpipe will keep the heat in and breakdown the pipe earlier than should be. Though this is a slow process and wrap can get expensive depending how much you need. Jet hot coating is a good idea but also $$. Any good downpipe should be made of a good materials like stainless. I bought some 2000 deg paint and coated my downpipe as preventative measure. If you have the dough get it jet hot coated looks awesome and will last forever.
Hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Pre Mod Preparation (slick50)

ok...it is a good quality downpipe IPD.....i was just thinking it might be a good idea for protection....how much is the jet coating?..if its too much $ i like the paint idea where can i get it so i can do it......

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: Pre Mod Preparation (coolbob37)

Get a ceramic coating... You won't regret it... I would say from a good shop $100.00 max ! It will increase flow properties, help the R run better and your DP will last longer than the caR... I am paying IPD to send it out to be coated and am having my EST catback sent to be coated right now as well, that though I know will be more than a $100.00
but it will be awesome.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Pre Mod Preparation (kmg_S60R)

sounds good.....last longer than the car.....hmm...i was hoping the car would last awhile too....and i like the idea of increasing flow properties and keepin' the heat under control.....anyway i can do the coating myself?.....im starting to get real close to my parts and need them with me at all times!!!!

2004 S60 R......IPD Stage 2 ECU Upgrade, IPD DP, 6 MT, 18" PEGS
Coming Soon: Exhaust, Aqua or FMIC

Modified by coolbob37 at 10:39 PM 4-7-2009

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Pre Mod Preparation (kmg_S60R)

it sounds good the more i read about it........

http://www.classiccoatings.com/ceramic.html

however, i would like to see some flow rate test results to confirm this

for heat protection (keeping engine and air cooler) it seems like a good idea....deterioration....im not so sure about that (dp and exhaust are all stainless steel)......and would that be inside and outsides or just the outside?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: (adykes)

No idea on IPD, just have the Phuz. I like it.

Cats and dimensions cant really be that different. minor differences on flange, welds, and hangar I'm sure, but nothing that will make any big impact.

I think that a 3" DP will probably be the same across the board. Exhausts are another story, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.