SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get some feedback on this in the forum I believe is the most suited for my question. Sorry Jim :p

When someone has a PPI done on a car they're thinking about purchasing. the purchaser pays for it.
The information that comes from that PPI is that for the purchasers eyes only or can the shop share that with the owner of the car? Without approval from the purchaser?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I do many PPI's on Volvo, BMW, Mercedes mostly. I only share what is found with the person paying for the service. If the other party wants to know what was on the PPI, the purchaser can share with them or not. It can sometimes be very uncomfortable when both parties are waiting in the office. But whoever pays for the service is entitled to the information and not the owner of the car. If a shop did that, they should be told not to do that in the future as the owner didn't pay for the service.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
+1 - it's like a home inspection - the potential buyer is paying to get the good, the bad and the ugly, and can (or can't) share that info with the owner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts