SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for those that have had a windscreen replaced with a PPG version, is it actually harder glass? Less pitting? Fewer cracks?

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Ive used it on different cars, and family/friends who i've told explcitly to get PPG.<p>I see no fish eye effect, and really haven't had any other issues.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Only had mine for a few months.. but so far no pitting and seems to be really good quality glass. Had a big rock kick up on the freeway a couple weeks ago hit it hard and there wasn't even so much as a mark.<br>

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: (harderbeats)

Great glass - have had PPG on several cars over the last 20 or so years - ZERO problems. My current windshield (#3!) is PPG, and a huge improvement. Guess they also make the windscreens for our aircraft, no complaints there either!! <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by jrgoffin at 12:20 PM 4-15-2009</i>

·
Registered
466 Posts
Re: (JoeLvo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JoeLvo</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how is the cost compared to Safelite and OEM?<p>Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Ordered mine through Safelite and they installed it at my door for under $300. I definitely wouldn't use Safelite again though, they suck hard. When I had to replace my back glass, I used a local company who installed PPG and was MUCH happier with their customer service and actual knowledge on what they're doing.<br>

·
Registered
146 Posts

I just replaced the pilot's windscreen on a KC-135R with PPG, the cost was just under $15,000. Might be less for a Volvo though.

·
Registered
872 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JoeLvo</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how is the cost compared to Safelite and OEM?<p>Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE><p>IIRC, the OEM glass is $600+. Safelite wanted just about $300 for their generic (Chinese?) glass, and the PPG glass was also about $300. At least, that is what I paid through USAA. Well worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts