SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually follow the R and XC70 forums, but with 3 grandsons <br>and grandchild twins on the way, we're taking a look at a new XC90<br>with 3 rows. I am shocked to discover that the new T6 engine is<br>offered in the XC60 and 70 but not the 90!!! What can they be<br>thinking? Big gap between the atmospheric 6 and the v8!<p>Some browsing and searching on this forum suggests to me there's<br>rumors out there that the v8 is going. So will they then offer the T6<br>in the XC90? I can't get a good fix on the rumor picture here, partly <br>because searching on "T6" turns up so much about the earlier engine.<br> <br>Can any Volvo rumor monger help me out here? What's going to happen <br>with the powertrain picture in the XC90? (Of course, the whole vehicle <br>is likely due for a rethink pretty soon I should guess!)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: Powertrain options for 2010? (willyjp)

I can't help with any rumors, but I can tell you that (1) there is no longer a V8-R design offered for 2010, and (2) the V8 AWD is still available - we have one on order.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Powertrain options for 2010? (willyjp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>willyjp</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I usually follow the R and XC70 forums, but with 3 grandsons <br>and grandchild twins on the way, we're taking a look at a new XC90<br>with 3 rows. I am shocked to discover that the new T6 engine is<br>offered in the XC60 and 70 but not the 90!!! What can they be<br>thinking? Big gap between the atmospheric 6 and the v8!<p>Some browsing and searching on this forum suggests to me there's<br>rumors out there that the v8 is going. So will they then offer the T6<br>in the XC90? I can't get a good fix on the rumor picture here, partly <br>because searching on "T6" turns up so much about the earlier engine.<br> <br>Can any Volvo rumor monger help me out here? What's going to happen <br>with the powertrain picture in the XC90? (Of course, the whole vehicle <br>is likely due for a rethink pretty soon I should guess!)</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Can't really tell you a lot more other than for MY10 you can choose between the 3.2L I6 and the 4.4L V8 (but you already knew that). Why not go for a leftover MY08 V8 or even a MY09 V8? The deals, on those cars are phenomenal!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts