SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
| S60 2.5T (2004)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All though I might rarely use the function, I like the idea of having power folding mirrors on my S60 2.5T (04). Recently I found two for sale here in Sweden for a decent enough price and I'm thinking of buying them. The issue is however, that my car does not have powerfolding mirrors from the factory, which means that it might be a bit more difficult to install. I know that the center console needs to be switched to one with the powerfolding button (image 1), easy enough to find, and also the mirrors need to be powerfolding ones (image 2). Is there anybody with experience in this field who might know if I'm missing something? Otherwise it doesn't seem to be that big of a job, right?!?

Image 1

Image 2

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
The buttons have an ID that the CANBUS recognizes. They can be put into any button position.

I don't know if any software is required to enable the mirrors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
| S60 2.5T (2004)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The buttons have an ID that the CANBUS recognizes. They can be put into any button position.

I don't know if any software is required to enable the mirrors.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the response. Logically thinking though, would they need a software? Since the mirrors have 2 modes, folded and unfolded. Seems like software wouldn't do much there right?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I was thinking they folded automatically. But, they only fold/unfold when you press the button. So, maybe no software required.

Reactions: alexsaa

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Software is required unless you buy a CFE+! I have done this retrofit, and I didn't flash the software yet. I just have the CFE+ set to fold the mirrors if I hit lock twice, and unfold if I hit unlock twice. Everything else is plug and play.

If you want to flash it with VIDA, here's the info (taken from Viva Performance's listing)
Vehicles with memory seats require software part nr. 8633764 and vehicles without memory seats require software part nr. 9499034.

Can also do it with Vdash

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
| S60 2.5T (2004)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Software is required unless you buy a CFE+! I have done this retrofit, and I didn't flash the software yet. I just have the CFE+ set to fold the mirrors if I hit lock twice, and unfold if I hit unlock twice. Everything else is plug and play.

If you want to flash it with VIDA, here's the info (taken from Viva Performance's listing)
Vehicles with memory seats require software part nr. 8633764 and vehicles without memory seats require software part nr. 9499034.

Ah ok, so if I only want the mirrors to fold by pressing the button on the center console I

That's amazing, I never heard about CFE+ before, and after reading about it, I will definately try and get my hands on one. From my understanding the CFE+ is just connected to the OBD2 port right? And from there all it does is give the "CAN-NET" an input on what it should do, taking user inputs and telling the "computer" to perform an action. From your experience with retrofitting the powerfolding mirrors, did you need the CFE+ to be able to fold/unfold them at all? or did the button on the center console work also without the use of the CFE+? Either way, the CFE+ seems like a great deal, could you maybe verify if this is the one I should purchase (link below), since you're more experienced in this field 😃
Thank you once more for your response, it was extremely helpful!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Whoa, yeah, get that one! Since you have an 04 it's plug and play, used to have to solder in a separate OBD2 port for the CFE to work on an 04. That's awesome.

To your other question - console button won't work unless you flash software, I haven't done that yet so I just use the options in the CFE to make them fold when I want. Can't fold them while driving with this method though, so that's a feature you'll only get by flashing the software.

·
Registered
| S60 2.5T (2004)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoa, yeah, get that one! Since you have an 04 it's plug and play, used to have to solder in a separate OBD2 port for the CFE to work on an 04. That's awesome.

To your other question - console button won't work unless you flash software, I haven't done that yet so I just use the options in the CFE to make them fold when I want. Can't fold them while driving with this method though, so that's a feature you'll only get by flashing the software.

Have you by any chance got the code or software required for the flash? Or is that something only Volvo themselves have access to? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Have you by any chance got the code or software required for the flash? Or is that something only Volvo themselves have access to? :unsure:
Anybody can flash that package if they pay for a 2015 Vida subscription, do you have a Dice unit?

Vdash also works but you'll need to get the CEM pin which can be pricy

·
Registered
| S60 2.5T (2004)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anybody can flash that package if they pay for a 2015 Vida subscription, do you have a Dice unit?

Vdash also works but you'll need to get the CEM pin which can be pricy

I do not have the Vida subscription unfortunately, however I can probably find someone who has it here in Gothemburg along with dice unit. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I do not have the Vida subscription unfortunately, however I can probably find someone who has it here in Gothemburg along with dice unit. Thank you for your help!
No problem! If you tell them the software package number I listed above (depending on if you have memory seats or not) they should be able to flash it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts