SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked up ways to do this before I attempted it because I knew the pressed in bushing would be hard to get out but I could not find much except people struggling lol.

You could prob take the blade off a hack saw and slowly cut away at it but a Sawzall was through it in seconds.

Cut the bushing on the upper side closest to the wheel. Turn the blade on the Sawzall sideways so you have more room to cut it straight on with the Sawzall against the wheel well. Once through the tension holding the bushing in will release and you can slide it out with your hand. It took me longer to put the new poly bushing in lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
I did it the same exact way when I installed mine. I did #8 that way too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Nice job, that one sucks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Thanks for the shortcut. I was just looking at my bushing and it looks to be broken. I’ll have to put in the powerflex sooner than I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Im confused. Howd you cut through it when part of the subframe is covering the middle?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Looks like your brake line is disconnected in the pic? I pressed mine out when rear subframe was dropped for LSD install. I almost wonder if I should of did the race series for this bushing as I can move it a little if I grab the arm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts