SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
comrades -

does anyone know how hard it would be to install the rear powered sunshade from the 2019 inscription onto a 2017 r design? The Volvo parts guy quoted me $600 for the 2x parts (shelf liner and curtain) - with no returns allowed. so I would like two know if it can be done beforehand.

also, the orrefors crystal shift glass knob on the 2019 inscription - same question - can this be installed on the same 2017 r design? - cost was quoted by the same parts guy at $265 - how hard would this be to install and will it fit?

Thx

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
comrades -

does anyone know how hard it would be to install the rear powered sunshade from the 2019 inscription onto a 2017 r design? The Volvo parts guy quoted me $600 for the 2x parts (shelf liner and curtain) - with no returns allowed. so I would like two know if it can be done beforehand.

also, the orrefors crystal shift glass knob on the 2019 inscription - same question - can this be installed on the same 2017 r design? - cost was quoted by the same parts guy at $265 - how hard would this be to install and will it fit?

Thx
For the crystal shifter, tech guys here said VIDA software downloading is needed. So not sure if Volvo will allow the swap.

·
Registered
332 Posts
comrades -

Thx
What are the part numbers?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Are you sure you are in the right forum? No S60 has a powered rear sunshade and the 2019 is the new SPA model, parts would not likely be compatible between '17 and '19. Are you looking for info on the S90 perhaps?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure you are in the right forum? No S60 has a powered rear sunshade and the 2019 is the new SPA model, parts would not likely be compatible between '17 and '19. Are you looking for info on the S90 perhaps?
well my recall was that the 2017 inscription I test drove 1st had the sunscreen. now I am beginning to wonder. does anyone have an s60 inscription (2017 - 2019) that does or does not have the powered sunscreen? have /I been hallucinating?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so if this is only a cool looking glass handle why then would a s/w update be required? what am I missing?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
When the crystal shifters first came out they were programmed to the car. It isn't just the knob, it is the whole shifter, which is a module. If you put a crystal one in a car that didn't have it originally, reprogramming won't be allowed and it won't work. Unless they've since changed it.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
well my recall was that the 2017 inscription I test drove 1st had the sunscreen. now I am beginning to wonder. does anyone have an s60 inscription (2017 - 2019) that does or does not have the powered sunscreen? have /I been hallucinating?
2017 S60 is last generation and 2019 is completely different. Sun screen on the rear side window? I know 2016+ XC90 has it but those are not powered. It is safe to say 2019 S60 doesn't have a powered one either.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
When the crystal shifters first came out they were programmed to the car. It isn't just the knob, it is the whole shifter, which is a module. If you put a crystal one in a car that didn't have it originally, reprogramming won't be allowed and it won't work. Unless they've since changed it.
Crystal shifter is for shift by wire cars, eg, T8, and XC40. And now even more limited to Inscription only.

T5/T6 S60 is still the mechanical shifter so can't use the crystal one.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Crystal shifter is for shift by wire cars, eg, T8, and XC40. And now even more limited to Inscription only.

T5/T6 S60 is still the mechanical shifter so can't use the crystal one.

Right. I didn't even pay attention to the forum. My bad.

If you want to install a crystal shifter into another shift by wire car that didn't have it, you can't (unless they changed it)

·
Registered
155 Posts
My wife's 2016 S60 T5 Inscription has the powered rear sunshade. Cool feature. Disappointed my 2019 S60 T6 Ins. didn't have it. She has the shades for the rear side windows but they are not powered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts