SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a rumor that there was an R at Powerchips on Monday getting a custom tune. This this supposedly had a Garrett turbo, built internals and the whole 9! On Monday there was problems with the wastegate and the car would only make about 6 lbs of boost for some reason. Powerchips is confident that this paticular R will easily make over 400 whp and problably over the 450 wheel horse power mark. Looks like someone got pretty creative with an R.

Is this anyone on here?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Re: POWERCHIP RUMORS - 450 whp R (R_Rated)

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
There is a rumor that there was an R at Powerchips on Monday getting a custom tune. This this supposedly had a Garrett turbo, built internals and the whole 9! On Monday there was problems with the wastegate and the car would only make about 6 lbs of boost for some reason. Powerchips is confident that this paticular R will easily make over 400 whp and problably over the 450 wheel horse power mark. Looks like someone got pretty creative with an R.

Is this anyone on here?
Its probably a creation of don at evolve but who knows maybe someone elses.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Re: (R_Rated)

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
It has a carbon Fiber hood and trunk. Was this custom made or imported or what? Well if this is someone on SS please PM me at least.
Yeah for real I would love to get a hold of that hood and trunk.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we have discussed this before and the purpose of CF hood/trunk would be for astetics only. Most of us understand this and would still gladly pay for this mod.

*this was not a shot at anyone and Mash, since we were on topic thanks for bringing this up. It needed to be mentioned just doesn't mean to be debated that's all.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: POWERCHIP RUMORS - 450 whp R (R_Rated)

450 at the wheels, wow! With that much power I'm sure they'll do clutch and other drivetrain upgrades. Any info on those parts? (if not, I'll bet they'll bust to pieces in no time)

LTA

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Re: POWERCHIP RUMORS - 450 whp R (LTA)

Might be the VS project car but I didn't think they were that far along and it's on the East coast. Plus it's pretty distinctive with full roll cage, flared CF fenders etc. Doubt it was that car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts