SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

I've got a 1995 850GLE wagon and am having problems with the power window switches. It's a second hand car and it's quite obvious that the previous owner wasn't too carefull with the cup-holders (right above the switch panel)...so now the switches (specifically the driver's door window) sticks...it usually goes down but rarely wants to come up.

I want to take the switch panel out and clean the contacts...but don't know how to get the panel out. Any tips?

Thanks,

Richard

· Registered
17 Posts
Nope, the power window switch cluster can only be removed by removing the entire section of trim from the center console back to and including the center arm rest.

It's a pain in the neck, but not complicated. If I remember correctly, there were either 4 or 6 torx scews holding everything in place. Some up below the radio, and some in the center arm rest.

Remove those, and the rest should be straigh forward.

- Mark

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mark...

Have you removed the centre-console / arm-rest assembly yourself, or are you going on memory from other posts?

Sounds simple though...I'll give it a try once it warms up a bit more...no real call for having the windows down yet.

Richard

· Registered
134 Posts
I managed to muck my switches up with over-enthusiastic application of trim lubricant.

However, using switch cleaner with one of those straws in the aerosol round the edges of the switch restored normal function.

Try this before taking the whole console out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.