SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a feature that lets you close you power tailgate from remote and interior button.
Installation video is provided.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Awesome mod, I always wondered why Volvo didn't have that functionality right out of the factory.

If I installed the mod, would it void the warranty?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure. But I doubt they will notice unless you show.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Very nice video. I too wonder why Volvo did not include that feature. It sure is an easy install. Those little plastic clips are really easy to bend/break, so be very careful when removing and reinstalling the tailgate trim.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Added a feature that lets you close you power tailgate from remote and interior button.
Installation video is provided.
fantastic feature.

VOLVO never installed it because of security reasons. Let's say your mother in law was loading the cargo of your XC70 and you had that magic key in your hand; Would you push the button?? :roll eyes:

Ninja-attack!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have new module
New Module v4.0 with two features for your Volvo
V70,XC70 MY2008-MY2017
XC60 MY2013-MY2017

1: This module will disable the Start/Stop function (If your Volvo equipped Start/Stop function)
2: Make it possible to close the tailgate from the remote key fob or interior button.
It will protect your starter and battery from premature wear.
Remote close tailgate function works only on cars equipped with power tailgate option.

Easy plug and play Installation: Just plug the module connector into OBD2 connector and hide the module behind carpet at footwell.

Device consumes 10-15mA during operation and no more than 3mA in sleep mode.
Sleep mode enters a few minutes after the termination of the exchange via the CAN bus, when car is sleeping.

Module operation:
*Long press on remote or inside car will open the tailgate.
*Short press on remote or inside car will close the tailgate.

If you want to purchase a device, email me ([email protected]) VIN of your VOLVO for checking compatibility.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Added new feature:
Unlocking doors after stop engine.
Do not need to pull the door handle twice. Yahoo!!!!

Now the module can do:
1: This module will disable the Start/Stop function (If your Volvo equipped Start/Stop function)
2: Make it possible to close the tailgate from the remote key fob or interior button.
3: Unlocking doors after stop engine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you Evgeny,

Emailing you now. I hate the double pull of the handle!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts