SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to friends house and back yesterday after about 15 min for driving Power Supply Service Urgent light would come on and battery light.... Stereo was still pumping and ac was blowing so nothing shut down, after turning off car it would start right back up with warning light not coming back.... Figure alternator or dead cell in battery? Anyone been down this road before? Heading to palm springs in a week with wife and baby and need to get this addressed be fore I am on the side of the road with a unhappy wife and baby lol.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm not sure how it is where you are, but by me if you take your car to an autozone they'll test your battery and alternator for free. Something similar happened to me on my old S60 and it turned out to be the battery. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Most likely alt as stated by stealthy. You can save some money by just replacing the voltage regulator if you choose. I have 3 good alts sitting at home that just the voltage regulator went bad. It's common on higher mileage Rs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Voltage regulator. My R did this last winter when it was -5*F. Every 3-4 days I would get the message. changed the regulator, its been fine since

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It does sound like the alternator. I went for a full rebuild rather than just replacing the voltage regulator. Make sure that you get the correct VR though. There was a change between '04 and '05. Installing the incorrect VR will throw codes and cost you time and/or money to replace it with the correct unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts