SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 05 in for Volvo service (an oil change and software update) it went well but the service writer said I have a leaky power steering pump.....800 odd dollars and I can resolve the situation!!! Is there any way to replace a gasket to resolve the leak...or is i R/R? I do see where fluid has leaked and is on the alternator!!! JHW

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like an awful lot of money for that job! I dont know, but Id get a second opinion.
This is the Volvo dealer , oh when it gets done my indie will take care of it. They quoted the pump alone at $500, flush refill Pentosin ...and you may as well go with a new hose and reservoir! Your car does have over 100k miles! Yeah ...by that logic I should just start ripping parts off and replacing them....just because. JHW

·
Registered
578 Posts
My pump started making a whineing noise recently. Still there after I power flushed the fluid so I went to the local pull-a-part and grabbed one for $22 with a 5 buck core. I haven't put it on yet but it's only 3 bolts, 2 lines, and the serp belt. If you have the tools and about 30-45 minutes it can easily be done on the driveway.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jet, sounds like a better idea to me!! JHW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts