SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short and Sweet. I promise.

Have an 02 S60 NA that needs a P/S pump. Found a guy on here with a pump from his 04 S60R. According to VIDA the part numbers are different but it looks like from pictures, it will bolt right up. Any insight on the compatibility between these two pumps?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like the difference is that my pump on my NA has a 110Bar rating. The s60R pump that I'm looking at has a 120Bar rating. Anything wrong with outing a higher rates pump on my car?

I would imagine that number represents the maximum output the pump can produce so theoretically, an extra 200 or so psi shouldn't hurt anything correct? In short bursts of course since it would only produce max during parking lot maneuvering.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No dice huh?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Well i bought a pump off of craigslist because Im afraid of the the shaft coming loose and ricocheting my engine bay into oblivion. It has about a half inch of play up and down and side to side on top of the terrible grinding (not whining, I assure you) sound coming from the pump housing. The pump i bought is from a 2000 V70 allegedly. P# - 9485861. Mount points are the same and the pulleys have the same P# as the one I have now. The only difference i can see is the "Hose Holder" which is of a different design but i can easily swap mine over. Also, mine has torx bolts on the back of the housing while this one has regular 6-pt hex heads.

Here is a picture of what it looks like (Not the one i purchased. Same Pump) :

So my next question would be, does anyone know what the design differences are within these pumps? Seems like a lot of different part numbers for the same pump?

Not sure when I will get around to installing it but I will keep this thread updated with my findings. Guy said I could bring it back to him if it didnt work. Really nice guy. He drove a Prius. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Check that the pulley diameter is the same, I made that mistake once. I sold a pump to a friend and he spent all day trying to get the belt on. However, the solution is as easy as getting the belt from the year/model of the car it came off of.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check that the pulley diameter is the same, I made that mistake once. I sold a pump to a friend and he spent all day trying to get the belt on. However, the solution is as easy as getting the belt from the year/model of the car it came off of.
The pulley that it came with looked like it had the same part number on it (last 4 digits were the same at least). Couldn't quite read the entire number on mine due to the orientation of the pulley when I first looked. I figure if it has the same P#, it should be the same diameter correct?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Sure, but it's easy enough to check with a ruler or tape measure.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure, but it's easy enough to check with a ruler or tape measure.
Lol good point. I'll be trying to install it either tonight or tomorrow. Anything I should do special since in installing a dry pump or just bolt it up and run it till it shuts up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts