SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home last night and lost power power steering. I drove it home and this morning I woke up and noticed there was a puddle of power steering fluid on the ground. I took it apart and noticed that the line going out of the power steering pump was loose.

About two months ago I had to to have the car repaired after my wife drove it over a large section of unmarked missing road (basically a 6" deep by one lane wide pothole). This caused some damage including breaking the motor mount and cracking the ac compressor. I took it to a dealership who did an inspection and the repair. Apparently they forgot to tighten the line and also didn't put the o ring back on.

I ordered a new o ring, and tightened the line back up thinking it would fix it but I still have no power steering. I checked the fluid level and it looks like it is still within the MIN range so I don't think that is it. I also haven't gotten any CEL's or warnings.

Anyone have any ideas of what this could be? If the pump were bad, would I even get a warning light?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought I'd reply to my own post in case someone comes up with the same problem. There is a little gasket that broke on the connector coming out of the pump. Easy pesy. I think I found one at home depot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts