SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 05 SR has a slight power steering leak that got a little worse over the past week. I noticed I was starting to run low on fluid a few days ago so I figured I'd go to Volvo on my day off and pick up some fluid. Than today on my way to work I turned on my car and sure enough, I ran out of fluid. I was wondering since I work at Honda if I could use their power steering fluid to hold me over until tomorrow when I can run down to Volvo and pick up the right fluid. Would Hondas fluid do any damage? I mean its better than no fluid right? Haha

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would think you would be fine. I can't remember if it takes a certain fluid or not.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
You can use automatic trans fluid, it's thicker than regular power steering fluid and will slow a leak. You can try the lucas power steering stop-leak, it might or might not work. They have a money back guarantee, so just don't throw away the bottle or receipt!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only thing is it leaks at the pump right onto the block and it starts to burn the fluid a little. and theres nothing worse than the smell of burning auto tranny fluid lmao

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Have you tightened the clamp on the inlet hose? That hose likes to leak and make a drippy mess.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i havent ill look at it. it looks like the feed line from the pump but i didnt really look too much into it. it was dark and i was using my phone as a flashlight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts