SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to fill up my PS reservoir today. The fluid is neither red or green. Seems to be gold-colored, somewhat beige. Is this what Pentosin looks like when it ages? Can't be ATF, can it? That would get darker with age. I know I shouldn't mix, so what do I fill up with?

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Pentosin 202 should do it.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I used ATF.. Though I think they say it depends on the color you have in there... I took whatever was in there out.. no issues for 20k.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Went to fill up my PS reservoir today. The fluid is neither red or green. Seems to be gold-colored, somewhat beige. Is this what Pentosin looks like when it ages? Can't be ATF, can it? That would get darker with age. I know I shouldn't mix, so what do I fill up with?

Could be anything lol If someone flushed the system they could of used whatever they wanted. Original is the green Pentosin 202 tho

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just sucked the fluid out. It turned out to be red, so ATF. Refilled with Pentosin, 1.05 quarts. Strangely, I thought it would top off at .8 quarts but, even at 1.05, still a bit low. Steering feels a bit lighter (or maybe all the turning to pump the fluid out is having a memory effect).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts