SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the car is in the shop for my turn signals not working, and clutch is super soft doesn't grip until all the way out (Which is crazy at 30k miles of light driving and I do not hold the petal in) However yesterday before bringing to shop I was checking things out and noticed power steering fluid seemed low. I do not have any leaks as I would have seen it on my floor and under car.. What would cause this? They are looking at it for me and will top off the fluid.. just curious.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: Power steering fluid low.. but no leaks? (badams1897)

I think maybe you should inspect for leaks more closely. Just because you dont notice drops on the floor of your garage, doesnt mean there isn't a nice coating somewhere in the engine bay. Worth a look, methinks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Power steering fluid low.. but no leaks? (JoeLvo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JoeLvo</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think maybe you should inspect for leaks more closely. Just because you dont notice drops on the floor of your garage, doesnt mean there isn't a nice coating somewhere in the engine bay. Worth a look, methinks.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I clean and inspect my engine bay almost weekly I have yet to see anything.. Maybe I will try a mirror... Any idea of a common leak source?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: Power steering fluid low.. but no leaks? (badams1897)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>badams1897</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... Any idea of a common leak source?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>At the seam of the plastic reservoir and at each hose connection to the reservoir. I'd also check the other end of the hose connections. Otherwise, check the steering rack?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts