SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how the driver's side power seat contol panel attaches? Seems I lost a screw or a clip broke and it has come loose. How many screws are there and where are they accessed? Can I get to it without removing the seat?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Looks like items 20 and 21

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine has lost a clip at the top and is very loose. I feel the previous owner was a bit of a big guy. If you look at the front of the lower cushion from the foot well and follow the plastic housing you will find 1 torque screw. if you tighten that it will firm everything up but because the upper clip has broken you will need to do this every now and then. its a decent temporary fix but I would get a new housing #9 in the diagram above.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. That's exactly what I found and think happened to mine. Previous owner was a big person, probably sitting on the seat edge getting in and out. I located the small torx screw the other day which goes in sideways underneath. If removed, the whole panel lifts out. The rear just has a friction clip. Mine still wobbles a lot with the screw tightened, so I am making my own replacement clip for the broken one at top and will attach it with JB Weld. It is hidden inside so will look fine. Meanwhile, the search on eBay begins to see if a permanent part in the same color turns up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts