·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
598 Posts
Great info! Thanks!!

I'm assuming I'd need the complete kit + the application (programming), and the keypad (7-button replacement)
07s don't require the keypad. They already have 7 buttons in place. Any that arnt being used are dummy buttons that you will remove to insert the mirror button.

Oh, and the order of the buttons doesn't matter, so go ahead and rearrange them it you like. I have my power mirror button second, right after DSTC.

·
Registered
876 Posts
07s don't require the keypad. They already have 7 buttons in place. Any that arnt being used are dummy buttons that you will remove to insert the mirror button.

Oh, and the order of the buttons doesn't matter, so go ahead and rearrange them it you like. I have my power mirror button second, right after DSTC.
Not all 2007s have 7-button plate... ;)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ok so what is the trick to getting the glass out? because i got a replacement mirror to replace my cracked housing and when pulling the glass out i broke both the mirror and the motor. the only shame in that is that i would have donated the motor to an SS member in need but i have good glass and motor on my car right now but now i am extremely apprehensive about pulling that glass out becuase if i break that one im stuck buying a brand new mirror. any advice?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks for the writeup! I ordered the CFE kit last week and needed to look up the power mirror parts -- you made it too easy.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ok so what is the trick to getting the glass out? because i got a replacement mirror to replace my cracked housing and when pulling the glass out i broke both the mirror and the motor. the only shame in that is that i would have donated the motor to an SS member in need but i have good glass and motor on my car right now but now i am extremely apprehensive about pulling that glass out becuase if i break that one im stuck buying a brand new mirror. any advice?
anyone else with experience removing the glass?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Does the '07 kit add illuminated ground lighting into the mirror housing? Factory mirrors didn't have this. Other than the turn signal in the mirror housing on the '07, what's the primary difference between this and the '04-'06s?

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Unless you have an extra space where your keys were; I had only the 3 button faceplate and no available spots.

Thanks!

Tasca Part #30716660 (actual kit/motors)
Tasca Part #8691888 (7 button face panel)
Tasca Part #8691511 (blanks)
All parts shipped to my door was $375.51, dealer cost will be determined later today.
It looks like for my 2007 the first two part numbers should be:
Mirror kit: 31217622
7 button panel: 8691712
(this is based on the link to the Volvo accessories page provided above: http://accessories.volvocars.com/Ac.../2007/R AWD/all/L.H.D/ShowDocument/VCC-425312 )

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Does the '07 kit add illuminated ground lighting into the mirror housing? Factory mirrors didn't have this. Other than the turn signal in the mirror housing on the '07, what's the primary difference between this and the '04-'06s?
My 2004 came with illuminated ground lighting, 'Puddle Lights', I'm pretty sure all R's came with the option.

The turn signal flasher is the only thing that comes to mind, that's because the 07's didn't have them on the fenders when the other years did.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for the writeup! I ordered the CFE kit last week and needed to look up the power mirror parts -- you made it too easy.
You're welcome - I'm glad I did it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The '07 doesn't have puddle lights and doesn't have the fender mounted side markers. I believe I had read somewhere that by installing this motorized mirror kit, we get the puddle lights back.

Thanks so much for your great write up. I might try the approach with just the mirror removal. I have removed the driver's one before pretty easily when I was trying to install the Aspheric mirror that i had purchased for my '04. Alas, the mount is different for the '07 so I cannot use it *SIGH* all these little differences in the '07!!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
anyone else with experience removing the glass?
The glass is held onto the motor with a clip on one side and white plastic tabs on the other. The clip snaps around the metal pin after all white tabs have been inserted. So the key to removal is to pull the side with the pin out (as in away from the car) and towards you to get it around that pin. After that, just pull out the white plastic tabs.

The whole thing is kind of like this if viewed from above:

^ to the motor

---
| O Pin
-------------------------------------------- Mirror Glass

Pull < and towards you

You can see the clip and tabs in picture 6 of the first post. Clip is on the right, white tabs on the left (since it is from the back).

·
Registered
440 Posts
The '07 doesn't have puddle lights and doesn't have the fender mounted side markers.
Agreed.

I believe I had read somewhere that by installing this motorized mirror kit, we get the puddle lights back.
So, can anyone with an '07 who ordered the kit confirm this? Also, turn signal indicators on outside edges of mirror stay the same?

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Thanks for your great guide Keoni! I just placed my order for the kit through Tasca. I wonder why "30716660" comes up as:

REAR VIEW MIRROR
30716660 - Mirror assy 2001-06, w/illumination, w/folding, w/memory Right
PARTS: Order by description. Part does not include mirror glass or upper cover.
Some quick questions, for 30716660 what comes with it? the complete housing + motors + mirror motor + harness for both sides?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Thanks for your great guide Keoni! I just placed my order for the kit through Tasca. I wonder why "30716660" comes up as:

Some quick questions, for 30716660 what comes with it? the complete housing + motors + mirror motor + harness for both sides?
Yea I was confused by the way tasca worded it as well but I ordered anyway. It seems though that the mirror kit is on back order at the moment. I placed my order on the 9 th and haven't heard shipping confirmation yet. Just sent a message to tasca regarding when the parts will be in. I will share the news I get back here.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You get two housings, and switch. You only reuse your old glass and painted trim.
It took me about 20 minutes to install this.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
You get two housings, and switch. You only reuse your old glass and painted trim.
It took me about 20 minutes to install this.
Why did Keoni pull out the mirror motors?

21 - 40 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.