SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I drove my wife’s 19 XC90 Inscription and pressed memory position 2 (my spot) and the seat moved as normal. Later she went to drive home and pressed memory position 1 but nothing happened. When moving the seat controls again the seat won’t move, it’s stuck in my position. What’s funny is the separate controls for the lumbar, side bolsters and seat extension still work.

Any simple fix besides taking it to the dealer? I really don’t want to have to drive here around the next few days...

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I would not think it was a fuse as some of the seats controls still work. However there are a couple of fuses I believe that control the front seats. One in the rear fuse holder and one in the front interior. The only other thing to check is make sure nothing is blocking the seat from moving. It is unusual for an electric seat motor to stop functioning. Was the adjustment from memory 1 to memory 2 really big (a lot of movement)? The only other thing I could think to try is to disconnect the battery negative ground and wait a minute or two and then reconnect. Perhaps resetting the system will help. Just be careful in disconnecting then negative cable. It should be the cable connection that sits on the negative terminal not the connection a few inches away from the terminal. I can recall once resetting the system when my GPS system said I was somewhere in New York while in Santa Barbara. It did fix things. Let us know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So weird. This morning I went outside to check if any wire was disconnected but before I did I touched the seat adjustment buttons and the seat moved like there was never an issue. Memory and seat movement functions. Weird.

But get this, now every time we park the car the parking brake automatically engages. Too coincidental after the seat problem. Could they be related?

·
Registered
80 Posts
now every time we park the car the parking brake automatically engages.
On 19 XC90 Inscription I have automatic parking brake turned off in settings but still from time to time it decides to engage anyway. It does this for a few drives and then gets back to normal (OFF) on its own. If I get irritated about it I go to settings and turn that feature ON and then immediately OFF again. Then it obeys. Lots of Gremlins in this car for sure. Let's call it character. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts