SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at adding power door locks to my car but I am left scratching my head. It appears the the button mechanism twists so that the plunger can engage the latch assembly. Without the key in the lock it appears that the plunger mechanism will not rotate to the spot where it will engage the plunger (the unlocked position).

Has anyone added power door locks to their car? Is there an interior door lock rod like American cars have. My car was disassembled when I purchased it so I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn’t that make it more of a door popper than a lock release though? If it pulls the rods that would activate the latch opening the door.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was thinking that the door opens or locks from the inside door handle; therefore, manipulation of that rod should be able to do both. I actually have my door panel off. I may be able to look at it tomorrow.
Perhaps others could chime in as well.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My understanding is the lock is the actual button that is depressed. When in the open position the mechanism on the back of the button rotates to push the plunger that opens the door. The rods from the interior handle also activate the plunger mechanism. When in the locked position the button moves the mechanism the hits the plunger so it cannot engage.

Unlocking it would require the button mechanism to rotate but that can’t be done without the key to turn it. At least that is what I am seeing. Kinda of crazy the way it is setup. Unlike others I have experience with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts