SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stealership says that my power cables are causing all my issues. Is this reasonable? That sounds ridiculous to me. I got a new battery a few months ago, a bosch battery at that. I got it tested at pep boys and they said it was holding a charge but the dealership was saying that it wasn't. Should I get my cables replaced?

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Yes
Unfortunate, but probably true and on S40-V50s the cables come as a set (not cheap)! :eek:
Had one here with the same issue

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Drop test would settle it like mentioned, allows u to determine where resistance in ur system is causing a drop in voltage to necessary components like ur starting and charging system.

Corroded cables can do a lot of strange things. The old B+ cables that corrode on the older Volvos cab tweak the entire engine fuse block out.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got them replaced but all the error lights are still there and the car keeps on shutting down. Do I need to get the error codes cleared via diag scanner? Any ideas at whats wrong?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.