SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I had something done to my C70 today and thought I would share if some of you have not heard of this. You know how your power antenna will not go down unless your radio is off. Well it was bugging me. I ran across the fix. It costs less than a hundered bucks and uses Volvo parts. Go to your local Volvo dealer and have them look up the power antenna from a S70. In there somewhere should be a switch and harness the plugs into the rear of your radio. The switch matches the other switches in my '01 C70 SE. So I would guess it should match all of them. I had my local dealer install it for me. I watched and I could have done it. It took the tech about 15 minutes to do the whole process. You do have to pull the radio out to install the harness. I had the switch located on the left side of the steering wheel. Its very simple. Why they dont put them on the car in the first place is beyond me??
I got the tip from another Website.
Take care
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Beemer_eater:
Hey guys,
I had something done to my C70 today and thought I would share if some of you have not heard of this. You know how your power antenna will not go down unless your radio is off. Well it was bugging me. I ran across the fix. It costs less than a hundered bucks and uses Volvo parts. Go to your local Volvo dealer and have them look up the power antenna from a S70. In there somewhere should be a switch and harness the plugs into the rear of your radio. The switch matches the other switches in my '01 C70 SE. So I would guess it should match all of them. I had my local dealer install it for me. I watched and I could have done it. It took the tech about 15 minutes to do the whole process. You do have to pull the radio out to install the harness. I had the switch located on the left side of the steering wheel. Its very simple. Why they dont put them on the car in the first place is beyond me??
I got the tip from another Website.
Take care


cool to know..thanks for sharing.
curious... why dont you just turn off your radio and it will go down :p hehehe

i am assuming this is if you turn off your car whiule the radio is on?

how much was the parts and labor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem. Just trying to be of help. I listen to CD's mostly when I drive and it just bugged me that the antenna doesn't go down when the radio isn't on. And worse yet there isn't a control in the car for the antenna. Now there is. The harness and switch are Volvo part number #9204656 and it costs $42.48. The labor was a half hour. The switch goes into on of the 2 empty switch things next to your steering wheel on the left. It looks stock.

quote:

Originally posted by GShyneDM:
cool to know..thanks for sharing.
curious... why dont you just turn off your radio and it will go down :p hehehe

i am assuming this is if you turn off your car whiule the radio is on?

how much was the parts and labor?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Beemer_eater:
No problem. Just trying to be of help. I listen to CD's mostly when I drive and it just bugged me that the antenna doesn't go down when the radio isn't on. And worse yet there isn't a control in the car for the antenna. Now there is. The harness and switch are Volvo part number #9204656 and it costs $42.48. The labor was a half hour. The switch goes into on of the 2 empty switch things next to your steering wheel on the left. It looks stock.

i'll look into it when i get a chance


sounds good to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,564 Posts
Yup, Dennis @ Borton has always been very helpful. He got me this set of e code lenses for some dirt cheap prices.

Even Charles Linden mentioned that these lenses won't do much, but it doesn't hurt to have a spare set for such good price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Yup, Dennis @ Borton has always been very helpful. He got me this set of e code lenses for some dirt cheap prices.

Even Charles Linden mentioned that these lenses won't do much, but it doesn't hurt to have a spare set for such good price.
Kai, how much did you get the E-codes for? I'm going to be putting on my E-codes this weekend. Hopefully, I'll have time to put in the HIDs as well. Speaking of which, do you have pics up of them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
EEP!!

just pulled the car into the garage and SCRATCH!!! the antennae luckily was flexible enough that it only scraped the garage.. hehe i forgot i had the radio on pulling in. so i think i need the switch to put my antennae down now. someone going to show me how to install this sucker? :p or does the part come with instructions?

hrmm now to find 30 more bucks to spend grr...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
Kai, how much did you get the E-codes for? Speaking of which, do you have pics up of them?
$78 something on each side. Nah..haven't had a chance to take a picture yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
$78 something on each side. Nah..haven't had a chance to take a picture yet.
Damn! That's it? You gotta hook me up with Dennis man. I'm trying to get some door sills for one of my many unfinished projects.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
Damn! That's it? You gotta hook me up with Dennis man. I'm trying to get some door sills for one of my many unfinished projects.
Give him a call...he'll get you taken care of.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top