SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Veronica Volvo
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2011 S60 with the Polestar tune. I have been scouring the web looking for information, and have had zero luck. What kinds of power adders are available for my car? At work, we deal with upgrading turbos (and other supportive items) for a select few import vehicles. For these select vehicles, upgrading turbos and intercoolers is an everyday thing. However, in the Volvo world -- I have not seen much support. I have seen that one of the vendors offers an upgraded intercooler, but I would be much happier with purchasing one of those along with a bolt-on upgraded turbo. Does one exist for my car? What about fuel system .. would I need to get larger injectors or pump? If needed, switching fuels would be easy too .. we have E85 all over. :)

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
329 Posts
With a polestar tune your already ahead of the game.. If emission laws are less restrictive out your way, ide go E85...Its a lonely world for Volvo upgrades as far as performance..

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ferrita Downpipe, aftermarket exhaust (ferrita, kpax, heico), intercooler kit. (check out vivaperformance.com for examples of each).

all three, (combined with the polestar tune) would put you in the 360-380hp range depending on systems used i think.

·
Registered
Veronica Volvo
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With a polestar tune your already ahead of the game.. If emission laws are less restrictive out your way, ide go E85...Its a lonely world for Volvo upgrades as far as performance..

Emissions are a thing of the past in my county, so I'm not too concerned. What all would I need to do to the vehicle in order to switch over to E85? Based on my experience with other platforms (DSM's, EVO's, GTR's), it mainly has to do with having a fuel system that can support it and tuning the vehicle to maximize its potential. Also, unless the car has a flex fuel system (or an ECU which could properly detect / compensate?), how would it know when I had E85 or pump gas? ..sorry I did not search for the answers on these -- the questions just popped into my head. :)

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
Veronica Volvo
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ferrita Downpipe, aftermarket exhaust (ferrita, kpax, heico), intercooler kit. (check out vivaperformance.com for examples of each).

all three, (combined with the polestar tune) would put you in the 360-380hp range depending on systems used i think.
I have looked at and have thought about some / all of these bolt-ons. Do you know of anyone who offers straight pipes / an off-road style exhaust system? Being able to remove the cat's would make a noticeable difference in exhaust airflow. Also, with the intercooler upgrade -- do you know if it would be worth the purchase? I could definitely see the difference when going to a larger turbo or increasing the boost, but with a stock turbo and just a Polestar tune, would there be any noticeable benefits for a non-tracked vehicle?

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Registered
Veronica Volvo
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is the most comprehensive write up I've seen on P3 T6 performance. hope it helps!

http://www.volvo-forums.com/t34514-s60-t6-performance.htm

I've read through that post and there is some good information! It's difficult to judge hp/tq gains on the ol butt-dyno, but increasing airflow in and out of the engine will make it more efficient and result in greater power. It doesn't appear that the op on that thread is an active member, but does anyone know which ETS intercooler he was referring to? Assuming it is the same ETS company that I'm thinking off, we are a dealer of their products, but I do not see anything listed on their website for our cars. I suppose a quick email could be fired off though..

Tim

·
Registered
69 Posts
+NorthwestMoose, thanks for the link, I was wondering about intercooler options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts