SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just have a few questions for people who have already taken delivery of their cars. First, how would you say the car responds to road imperfections. I live in northern New England, drive on a mix of dirt roads and crummy paved roads. I have test driven the car twice but I really can't get a sense for if it is going to have that "solid" feel over bumps that feels so good to drive. I don't want to have to cringe when I hit a pothole. Any people's opinions on this would be great, especially compared to the previous generation x5 or 5 series (as in 2010 model year for both).

Second, what average mpg are people getting now that they've had the car for a while?

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have 19 inch tired with no air suspension. On very crappy winter destroyed paved roads, it feels solid. You can feel the bumps for sure, but it's solid. My previous car took these roads much much worse, but was not an SUV either.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Q1 - 20 inch with air suspension > you feel the bumps but it does not really bother. I am not sure if it "feels so good to drive" but it does not feel bad to drive :)

Q2 - Factory numbers are correct. Average 22-23. See my 7/22/15 comment @ http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?233607-VolvoXC90Inscription%92s-Thread

"Highway MPG: I was very happy to see 28.8 mpg today under the following conditions: Reset the Trip Computer while traveling 55-60 mph with Adaptive Cruise Control > Economy Mode > Air Condition on (75 degrees) > Non-stop driving for 30 mins. Other important points: I was the only person in the car - regular gas - only 100 miles on the car."

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have about 1200 miles on our 90. Just took trip to Maine and was there for 10 days. Set trip computer when leaving CT and did not reset until we got home. About 725 miles driven with a mix of highway and local. Ended up with 26mpg for entire period. On highway only got 28.6 in comfort mode.
very pleased with mileage thus far.
Our home in Maine if on dirt road and we drive on several dirt roads. Handled potholes or other dirt road issues with no sense of loss of control.

Different from some we have had no issues so far with anything. Very nice car.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I'm picking up my car tomorrow from Volvo Wellesley... Should be able to give you some info on Friday haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally! :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.