SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a very low mileage '05 automatic (not an R). Are there any issues specific to this model year that I need to be aware of? Transmission issue was '01-'02 right? What about the ETM? Generally, what should one focus on when purchasing midproduction run of the P2?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Nothing major
05s are generally decent Volvos
The car's mileage here helps.
As long as it drives well you can change all the fluids when you buy it (or work it into the deal, if it's a dealer)

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
The ETM was fixed by 03.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bump this, my friend just bought a 2004 2.5 V70, it's his first Volvo. 100k miles. ABS light turned on during the drive home. I am searching the forum for ABS threads, any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Start by getting the code read, it could be anything from dirt on a sensor to needing a new module.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks, I am going to pull codes in about an hour. I wasn't sure if the Foxwell NT300 from IPD could help with ABS codes. I have only had it a short time for my C70 exhaust build. BTW, I have been lurking on your C70 tear down. Kinda sad to see it on the truck the other day, but some really impressive wrench work from you to take it apart like that. Good Luck.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
No it can't. It MUST be read by Volvo or someone with a VIDA-DICE set up

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pulled the generic code, P0571, brake circuit switch A. Could be anything from a brake pedal sensor to a bad module. I guess that explains the cruise control and odometer issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts