SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm SO confused. How the heck does one post pictures? The FAQ says to click on the Reply button rather than use the quick reply, but when I click on Reply is takes me to the quick reply. When I click the button for advanced options (I think that's how the button is labeled), I get what I think it the full reply page, but there is no "Manage Attachments" button. Yes, In fact the page that I am writing this from doesn't have the button either.

Also, the FAQ says I can create albums from the user control panel, but the button it says to click doesn't exist.

The simplest things are always the hardest, it seems....

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Check this out --> LINKY

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, well everything comes to a screeching halt at step 1. I don't particularly want to go set up yet another account with yet another username and password that I'll forget because I'll never use it again, just to host pictures. They can't be uploaded directly to this site? That's how most other sites I use work.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Nope, you have to use another site to host the pics. This site does not support direct uploads.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
OK, I'll post them on a different Volvo site - thanks
Which other site?
And what where you going to post?

I use my Gmail/Google deal to post my pictures - I can up load from my smartphone or plug in my digi cam and upload to my Google pictures - I have it set up so my computer remembers my log in/passwords - Heck it's not that hard and not worth abandoning SS over something like no direct up load.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures of a brake booster, which I got posted successfully. Other sites are brickboard, turbobrick, etc. I'm sure you know them all plus probably more that I haven't found yet.

It's just really annoying to have to go set up a service that I otherwise have no use for, have picture posting involve two sites with cross pasting rather than one site, and have to deal with all the marketing spew from yet another web site. It just doesn't need to be such a hassle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's just really annoying to have to go set up a service that I otherwise have no use for, have picture posting involve two sites with cross pasting rather than one site, and have to deal with all the marketing spew from yet another web site. It just doesn't need to be such a hassle.
There you go, I already have new email from the picture hosting service peddling other crap. The stalking has begun. That's why I have a pretty high resistance to creating accounts on web sites.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
If you have a Picasa account you can up-load photos without getting spam. I use it on all of my forums and I've had no spam issues.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Isn't that what gmail is for? To use as email from other websites that you registrar with.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Picasa through Google - yup - that's what I use - Had to set up a Gmail account for my Droid X - I get spam in my Gmail - but it goes into the spam folder and it deletes it after 30 days automatically.

It comes in handy for sharing photos with family and friends:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts