SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, do I have to have an account permission turned on to post pictures, currently that feature is not available to me. Thanks, Ralph

Registered
It says "You may not post attachments" at the bottom of the page which basically means I'm not allowed to upload attachments to swedespeed. No biggie: they don't even allow custom user avatars, those basta-... err...

No but seriously, you can embed images, yes. If you have the direct link for an image just wrap it in [img]http://www.website.com/image.jpg[/img]

Though a protip: If you're going to embed large images, use the thumbnails that most image hosters offer. That way only a smaller image will be embedded into the forums but it'll be clickable for a full resolution version. That way you wont assault mobile user or people with slow connections with a bunch of high resolution slow-to-a-crawl-experiences.

Edit: I might just go a bit more extensive and link to this post in the future. You can use the following code to embed clickable thumbnails:

[url=http://www.website.com/highresolutionimage.jpg][img]http://www.website.com/thumbnailimage.jpg[/img][/url]

imgur.com is an image host that for one allows just adding m at the end of the image name e.g 123456m.jpg and you'll get a medium sized image suitable for embedding.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, for the reply. It's a lot more work to upload an image to one of my sites then link it here. I wonder why I can't just post directly here, do others have that capability? Do i need to become a donor to this site for that privilege? I have so many questions... R. HERE's my guy...

Registered
You have many questions? After seeing that picture... I have no words actually, I just feel very strongly that I have to do one of those with my own car.

Considering nobody can upload avatars which are like 20 kB tiny images, I very very very much doubt anyone is permitted to upload images directly to the forum. One DSLR image is what, 5-10 MB? Not even the moderators can upload custom avatars AFAIK and by that I can only assume nobody can.

Registered
Thanks, for the reply. It's a lot more work to upload an image to one of my sites then link it here. I wonder why I can't just post directly here, do others have that capability? Do i need to become a donor to this site for that privilege? I have so many questions... R. HERE's my guy...
Swedespeed does not host user images, period.

If you already have your photos anywhere on the internet, you can embed them here using instructions above. Example:

If you already put your pics on Facebook or Google+ or whatever else, as long as the image is publicly accessible, then you can embed it in your forum posts. Example from my Facebook:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah, thank you. Didn't know how to do that, did a trial with the above image but you're right about it being too big for mobile or even tablet users to experience. Very good advice and tip to a very novice html guy... Ralph

1 - 8 of 8 Posts