SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not scientific but I went to a good and quite road and took my 2.4T with a full tank of gas, and no pax, just my 190lbs (90 Kilo's or so) and ran it three times to 60, 0-60 test, two with automatic and one with GT shift.

Conditions were 90 degrees F, about 32 C, and low wind, 1000' (330m) elevation.. minimal road grade.

0-60 (1) ..... 8.1 sec
0-60 (2) ......7.8 sec <-----not bad at all
0-60 (GT)....8.3 sec

not bad for 200hp and 3500lbs of car.

Post your T5, 2.4T and 2.4 times, but don't get a speeding ticket!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
My father has a V70 2.4T and it was even for 0-60 with my previous car which was a 7.8. Your results seem good to me.

JF

·
Registered
37 Posts
7.8 seconds? Why did I buy a T5? Perhaps you should invest in a "G-Tech" and try it again.

[This message has been edited by Bruce (edited 11-16-2001).]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's a G-tech? And yes, the T5 is only about 1 second faster, not that impressive for the 50 more horse power if you ask me. I guess it does top out a close to 150mph however which is significant if you want to kill your self.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Impressive times but are they accurate? If you are going off your speedometer, which if it is like mine reads 6% high, the time to reach an actual 60 would likely take a second or more longer. Perhaps you can calibrate your speedo or try again using 0-64 mph!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might recalibrate my spedo if I had reason to think it was off, nut on my street they set up a courtesy radar to prevent people from speeding and at 45 miles per hr on my spedo, it reads 45 mph on the radar. Good enough for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
V70SAM,

Check out www.gtechpro.com. A "G-Tech" is an electronic accelerometer. Just plug it into the 12V power supply in the car, push the "Start" button, stomp on the gas and it will measure 0-60 MPH with +/- 0.1 second accuracy (or so they claim). I hear that several car magazines are using them in place of a 5th wheel for performance testing. Measures lateral G's and rear wheel HP too. Personally, I got other things to spend my money on (food & beer), but it would be great if someone else would get one and run a real world 2.4T vs. T5 comparison.

[This message has been edited by Bruce (edited 11-23-2001).]

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
Check this out:

They got the Geartronic V70 T5 to do 0-60 mph in only 6.2 seconds and the 1/4 mile in only 14.8 seconds. Pretty damn fast for a wagon.

-Drew
That's pretty damn fast for an auto tranny wagon~!

·
Registered
528 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
Check this out:

MotorWeek Road Test, Volvo V70 T5

They got the Geartronic V70 T5 to do 0-60 mph in only 6.2 seconds and the 1/4 mile in only 14.8 seconds. Pretty damn fast for a wagon.

-Drew
Unfortunately, they had this to say too:
"And for the little ones, Volvo offers the world's first rear facing child safety seat with ISOFIX attachment points."

Makes me wonder about the accuracy of the rest of the info...

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by darell:

Makes me wonder about the accuracy of the rest of the info...
They got the new manual '02 Nissan Altima 3.5SE to do 0-60 mph in 5.9 seconds. Yes, that is damn fast for a family sedan. I have heard somewhere that they actually use some sort of 'G-Tech' like device, so their accuracy could be off. Notice in the picture, no standard 5th wheel.

-Drew

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could just be the orientation of the camera, but it looks as if the "test track" has a little down-hill grade to it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
0-60 times are going down and down in general. Now Suburu has a $24,000 car that does it in 5.8, those used to be exclusive Porsche and Corvette numbers only 10 years ago. I guess soon, we'll be complaining about the slowness of 0-60 in 6 seconds on a 2005 T5 or something.

Sam

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Has anyone ever actually taken their cars to the track and tested the 1/4 mile ET and MPH? I don't really trust G-Tech measurements.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
0-60 times are going down and down in general. Now Suburu has a $24,000 car that does it in 5.8, those used to be exclusive Porsche and Corvette numbers only 10 years ago. I guess soon, we'll be complaining about the slowness of 0-60 in 6 seconds on a 2005 T5 or something.

Sam
Google pulled this thread up when I was searching for some 0-60 times. I had to resurrect the thread since the top trim of almost any vehicle can get to 60 in under 7 seconds nowadays. I mean, even a 1.8L turbo Nissan Juke SUV comes in (supposedly) at 6.8 sec. I think 2.3L is pretty small, so a 1.8T is basically a hamster sucking down a Monster energy drink.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts