SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone think of a reason, once an R is beyond warranty, to bother to retune to stock before getting service at a Volvo dealer? For example, would Volvo refuse to do a TNN that might otherwise be called for?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Re: post warranty service (Shipmate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Shipmate</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can anyone think of a reason, once an R is beyond warranty, to bother to retune to stock before getting service at a Volvo dealer? For example, would Volvo refuse to do a TNN that might otherwise be called for? </TD></TR></TABLE><p>No. <p>This is why I've asked RICA to allow me to switch back and forth between my current tune and a "race gas" tune. I'm awaiting the answer.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The dealer isn't going to care if your car is tuned after warranty. The only thing you should think about is if they do something to your car, and for some odd reason, something goes wrong with the engine that was their fault, and they could say that it's because your car is modified, so they are liable.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: post warranty service (Shipmate)

No reason and no

1 - 6 of 6 Posts