SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
+1. :D

I've already been having some difficult conversations with my wife. I went out and bought her all the stuff to decorate the house she'd been asking for but I was too cheap to buy. When she asked why, things went south. "But you just bought your car, how can you want another one?" :facepalm:

I WANT THIS CAR!!!!!

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
+1. :D

I've already been having some difficult conversations with my wife. I went out and bought her all the stuff to decorate the house she'd been asking for but I was too cheap to buy. When she asked why, things went south. "But you just bought your car, how can you want another one?" :facepalm:

I WANT THIS CAR!!!!!
I thought that car was a custom one off.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The problem with a car like this (and with Volvo in general) is that it's a niche product. The people that really wanted an S60 bought it the first year of production. Some people held out for the R design. But, as evidenced by the decling sales figures from last year, I think the bulk of Volvo's seriously loyal buyers have already bought their new car.

I'd love to have a Polestar tuned S60. Had Volvo made the announcement at or near lauch, I could have waited and ordered one. But since that wasn't the case and after spending nearly $50k last year, I've no plans to buy another new sedan anytime in the next decade. I'm willing to bet that I'm not alone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would buy one, but I agree with the post above, I bought the 2012 S60 RD. They would make a lot more sales on it if they offered a better trade in on 2011-2012 S60's if you purchased a Polestar S60. My $0.02

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I would buy one when my lease is up in 3 years if this actually makes it to dealer lots.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would buy one, but I agree with the post above, I bought the 2012 S60 RD. They would make a lot more sales on it if they offered a better trade in on 2011-2012 S60's if you purchased a Polestar S60. My $0.02
I owned a Subaru Legacy before my RD and I would constantly get notes from Subaru offering above market trade-ins if I bought a new Legacy. No reason Volvo couldn't do the same.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll snatch one of these at a heartbeat

Looks the business and comes out the box without much work to do.....Just streamlining my process honestly because if this is just another wet dream moment for us then i'll just get S60 T6 2nd Hand when i'm ready and modify it good and proper

·
Registered
303 Posts
I owned a Subaru Legacy before my RD and I would constantly get notes from Subaru offering above market trade-ins if I bought a new Legacy. No reason Volvo couldn't do the same.
It's just a clever marketing trick to get you to come down and test drive a new car.

I get them a few times a year for my 12 year old F150. I don't think that they sincerely want *my* car, despite what the letter says.

It's a safe bet that Ford truck/Volvo/Subaru owners hang on to their cars for a quite a while, so they try to do whatever they can to get you out of that mindset and interested in trading up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
For a speciality car like this, the demand will outweigh the supply. There's little to no shot they offer discounts to sell it. Likely expect dealers to add on extra fees to sell it. IE: Pay 5k over sticker at a minimum

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So maybe I'll just put 2013 RD or a Brembo BBK on my car and call it a day.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Until one of those lottery tickets hit. . .I will be content with my T5!

·
Registered
295 Posts
By the time this makes it to market my 04 SR will need replacing. I'll be taking a hard look at these.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I wonder how much price will dictate interest? If the MSRP is $75K, Will the interest drop?

·
Registered
256 Posts
If this is a place just to show Volvo that there would be some market for the Polestar (or something close to it) then yes this would be the car that would have a very good chance of moving me away from my Audi S4. I'd be ok with less hp and for street-worthiness not quite so lowered and moving up from 30-wide tires. But it has to have a manual trans.

·
Registered
520 Posts
If it's a wagon with a manual tranny I'm in!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
So long as they offer it OSD...

All kidding aside, since I just bought a new car through OSD, it'll be a few years before a new one is due. But at that time...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts