SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I'm thinking about going the cheap route, and having a local shop throw on some new mufflers. I'm a little nervous going this route, because I'm not sure what the outcome will sound like. I really like the sound of the Heico setup, but I cant justify spending that kind of cash right now. What do you guys think? I think I'm going with magnaflows or dynomax.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BD5400, thats how I feel too. But the Heico is $1500 bucks. For two Magnaflows installed, a local shop quoted me a $300 installed. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, I'm going to do a little more research. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the trigger. Two new mufflers and it sounds awesome. Nice low toned growl, with no droning.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did use the original tips. I'll try and get a sound clip today on my way to work. And some better pics.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Please. If the sound is reasonable (not too loud, but a tad more aggressive growl than the stock) I'd be tempted to follow in your footsteps :).

What rims do you have on your V8?
He has a T6 and the rims are OZ Supperleggra III (taken from another thread)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a really crappy sound clip from in the car. I'll try and get a better one from outside.

[video]http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb341/jay32ryan/?action=view&current=VIDEO0054.mp4[/video]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Rarod. I'm loving it, but its causing me to have an even heavier foot...Lol. I think for this tank of gas I'll be getting 1 MPG. Next up will be a custom Y-Pipe.
I live out in the sticks in Olympia, Wa. and the roads are awesome, I love driving home after work every day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm thinking of putting the ELEVATE Sport Exhaust on my 2011 S80 3.2. Does anyone have an opinion about this system?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That actually sounds pretty good. I don't know if I'd ever do it but I definitely wouldn't mind a better sound coming out of my car.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Does anyone know if this would void a CPO warranty? Obviously the warranty would not cover the new exhaust system but I would hope that the warranty would still apply to the rest of the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts