SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Please let me know what I need to be aware of in terms of problem areas before making a purchase. Does it drive and handle well or is there some degree of unpredicatability like a big SUV. I have a '18 outback which drives and handles really well. I did notice that it has the standard halogen headlamps. I wish I could have it retrofitted with bi-xenon for better visibility. Any thoughts on these issues would b greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Forget the retrofit kit. Too much work. Couldnt you wait for a XENON XC70 version?

(Powered by 5 mad Vikings...)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has the full tech package that is lacking on other vehicles. Can’t find one vehicle with all the features I am looking for . Bi-xenon is the only feature that is absent.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Check the windshield for cracks in good backlighting. This is a very expensive windshield to replace (if it has the camera and lidar look-forward modules). On the 2013 T6 I bought from Volvo dealer, there was a bullseye crack, and I negotiated windshield replacement at their expense.

You want to see the complete service records for the car. And, you should ask about any DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) that appeared, and how they were resolved.

I would stay away from XC70s that were used to haul a trailer. The car really wasn't designed for it, and the tranny especially not.

Make sure you get 2 key fobs...they are very expensive to replace. Check the underside to make sure all the stone covers are present.

When you pull out the oil dipstick, did you feel a vacuum suction?...that's desired...indicates that the PCV system is working. Big, expensive job to replace PCV.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Check the windshield for cracks in good backlighting. This is a very expensive windshield to replace (if it has the camera and lidar look-forward modules). On the 2013 T6 I bought from Volvo dealer, there was a bullseye crack, and I negotiated windshield replacement at their expense.

You want to see the complete service records for the car. And, you should ask about any DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) that appeared, and how they were resolved.

I would stay away from XC70s that were used to haul a trailer. The car really wasn't designed for it, and the tranny especially not.

Make sure you get 2 key fobs...they are very expensive to replace. Check the underside to make sure all the stone covers are present.

When you pull out the oil dipstick, did you feel a vacuum suction?...that's desired...indicates that the PCV system is working. Big, expensive job to replace PCV.
What?
It's located right on top of the engine, it's an hour of labour to replace.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Yeah, I did mine without too much hassle. I had to take apart the cowl assembly to get some room at the back of the engine. I also ended-up accidentally snapping off a nipple on the intake pipe going to the turbo, when trying to remove the vacuum line that goes to the turbo control valve I believe... so be really careful as all the plastic is very brittle due to the extraordinary heat in the engine bays of these cars.

Also, listen for a creaking noise when accelerating, turning, going over bumps, etc., that is an indication that the bushings on the subframe, usually one or both of the rear two on the front subframe are the older design and need replaced unless you want to grease them constantly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts