SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posted my R for sale in the classifieds. (view HERE) Let me know if missed anything important, or if I am way out of line on the asking price.

Being in Colorado, I'm planning to migrate toward a more off-road friendly vehicle, and maybe an old Alfa to wrench on as well. If the R sells, I sure will miss this forum and all the friendly waves from other R drivers. :/

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Man I would love to have this! Wonder how much shipping would be to PA. Would you accept $15.500.00 and how would I get $ to you, assuming everything checks out. Anyone in that area can vouch for its condition?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man i would love to have this! Wonder how much shipping would be to pa. Would you accept $15.500.00 and how would i get $ to you, assuming everything checks out. Anyone in that area can vouch for its condition?
pm sent

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts
Have you looked at the going prices for aolder ALFAs lately, especially 105 series?

You can still find an older convertible for fair money but the GTVs are pretty dear now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you looked at the going prices for aolder ALFAs lately, especially 105 series?
You can still find an older convertible for fair money but the GTVs are pretty dear now.
You're exactly right. I'd love a 1750 GTV to work on, but the only affordable ones are barely alive. Should be an interesting search...

·
Registered
14,149 Posts
GLWS. The GTVs have aged very well IMHO. I used to have an Alfetta GT but always wanted a 1750 GTV.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
GLWS. The GTVs have aged very well IMHO. I used to have an Alfetta GT but always wanted a 1750 GTV.
was some good alfa's in minneapolis lately that have been going quickly. a 1750 iirc last week that looked pretty sweet, 83 gtv (http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/3188611468.html) is available now but those aren't classic like the 1750. passed on an alfa verde milano a year ago, was in good shape but passed. brakes are odd as hell on those. almost talked my brother into 164 that looked in decent shape for 2k (http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/3251765042.html)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Monoblocks are still the sexiest wheel ever put on an R, if I wasn't looking at new houses I may very well be flying to Denver. Lol. GWS.

·
Registered
14,149 Posts
Mine was a '76 and was similar to the '83 in the ad but had the 2 liter motor, which I think was just a bored out version of the 1750. That generation GTV with the V6 was a hot car at the time, scoring very well in comparison tests. Both cars appear to be pretty good deals. IIRC, the rear brakes were inboard right? The funky thing I recall was the rear transaxle so the driveshaft was always spinning at idle and they tended to be a little hard to keep balanced.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Listing on other sites soon - but would really like to sell to a Swedespeed'r or referral. Last chance! Listing HERE
Thanks all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts