SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should know by tonight if I own this. It's a CA car, the rest of it speaks for itself.
There is a story (naturally!) but I'm not going into it at this moment, only if I wind up owning it.

No accidents, never damaged with a very high condition report.
If anyone has interest, please PM me. The time stamp of the PM will be in the order I return any requests for info and pricing.

It will be very expensive (probably high 'teens) as these miles are right (look at the pictures), but as for particulars I really don't know much right now and if I do wind up owning it, it's in CA and would not be back here for a week to 10-11 days from now.

Except for that 6 speed that was for sale in New York or CT last year there has not been one for sale with these kind of miles for a few years!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I do not own it. :(
I'm the only person who has made him ANY offer since he's had it up for sale (a month!!) but he wants way too much for it.
Nice R, too bad

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Interested to see what happens with this one. Please update the thread if you end up making headway with the seller. Hopefully time will bring the price down to a reasonable level.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even if he caves in a couple of weeks, it still will be expensive. It's still a 43K mile 07VR with no paintwork ever

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Are you talking about the 04 Ti VR 6MT with 50k'ish miles that was in NY at the end of February?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
?????

·
Registered
2,494 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
"Except for that 6 speed that was for sale in New York or CT last year there has not been one for sale with these kind of miles for a few years!"

Are you talking about the 04 Ti VR 6MT with 50k'ish miles that was in NY at the end of February?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought my '07 V70R GT Black/Atacama last summer, had 45K on the clock at the time. Extremely happy with it, but it was not cheap.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I bought my '07 V70R GT Black/Atacama last summer, had 45K on the clock at the time. Extremely happy with it, but it was not cheap.
damn this one is certainly nice - I have my dd for sale currently and actively looking for a clean VR these days... on to the next one. if one ever comes up :(

Greg

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Except for that 6 speed that was for sale in New York or CT last year there has not been one for sale with these kind of miles for a few years!"

No, that black 06 or 07 that had 20K something miles.
Seller had an attitude about it, had some mods too.

I should have said a handful of very low mileage Rs have been for sale, NOT there has not been one

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
No, that black 06 or 07 that had 20K something miles.
Seller had an attitude about it, had some mods too.

I should have said a handful of very low mileage Rs have been for sale, NOT there has not been one
Oh, yeah. That's too bad, I wanted to pat myself on the back for snagging the one out of NY that's now in my sig ;) :p lol

They do come up, but rarely.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So nothing happened? Where is it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is it for sale at a dealer? I haven't see any kind of a public listing for it. Wholesale broker?

Also these expensive low mileage Rs have a very specific audience - the general carbuying public would balk at paying over ten thousand dollars for a 9-11 yr old Volvo, even if it is mint inside and out. Probably why they take forever to sell.

The sellers for these Rs usually think they have some rare collector-grade car when the reality is that they're just not that popular to begin with.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Is it for sale at a dealer? I haven't see any kind of a public listing for it. Wholesale broker?

Also these expensive low mileage Rs have a very specific audience - the general carbuying public would balk at paying over ten thousand dollars for a 9-11 yr old Volvo, even if it is mint inside and out. Probably why they take forever to sell.

The sellers for these Rs usually think they have some rare collector-grade car when the reality is that they're just not that popular to begin with.

My experience with cars, especially those that "not that popular to begin with," is at odds with yours and I have personally owned many cars that were "not that popular to begin with".

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
That's a nice looking R. First thing I would do is treat the seats with Leatherique conditioner and cleaner, the leather look dry. Then change all fluids and drive the heck out of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts