SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that with the wiper fluid coming directly out of the blade arms that while driving the fluid gets blown backward and misses any gunk in the lower half of the windshield. Anyone else notice this or know of a fix?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I've kind of noticed this. It happens a bit if I'm driving fast but seems to work ok anyway, and works great if I'm stopped or almost stopped.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've noticed this too... Wiper fluid out of the blades is cool, but not the most efficient

Sent from my iPad, so spelling, grammar, and AutoCorrect errors will abound

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I've noticed this too... Wiper fluid out of the blades is cool, but not the most efficient

Sent from my iPad, so spelling, grammar, and AutoCorrect errors will abound
Or the design should be improved to spray more water on lower part than upper blade as water will be blowed upwards.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
At least it doesn't give pedestrians an impromptu shower, like earlier wiper-based screen-washers did!
A friend considered that a feature on his Mercedes to keep pedestrians from trying to cross right in front of him. The mono wiper really propelled the washer fluid anywhere but the windshield.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well the headlight cleaning gets pretty wild.
I completely agree with that! Mine sprays all over the hood.

I also agree it works a lot better if you are stopped if you are moving it completely misses the bottom part of the windshield :/

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
The promo video of the "wet arms" or whatever its called actually claims that its much better than classic washers at high speed...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Somewhere here it was mentioned that this wiper design was needed to keep the Intellisafe Vision system clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts