SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to increase the rpm´s at idle? right now im at about 650, thinking that bringing it up to 800-900 might make things a bit smoother.
Possible?
Would it cause any trouble, ie the transmission engaging or something?

·
Registered
536 Posts
There are issues that are causing it to be 650. Maf, fps fuel pump etc. you need to figure that out and it will bring it back to stock idle

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I'm surprised you don't have a CEL with an idle that low. It should be 850 or 875.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm, ok, ill go and double check accurately what it is.

So cleaning the MAF would be one thing to do.

What should i be looking for?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ok, went outside and started the car, it had a cel on, P2096, idle at about 700-750. A couple of days ago i got a p0302, exchanged the #1 and #2 coils to see if that code came back.

Replaced the pcv about a week ago. don´t know if this could be related.
Passed the glove test, sucked the glove right into the filler hole.

Suggestions?

There is also a hiss coming from the engine, my wifes 2000 xc70 sounds the same, so i did not look more into it, but could be a vacuum leak?
I did try spraying some break cleaner around the area where the hiss seems to come from, no idle increase....

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
worldin, please update your signature with your vehicle information.

My XC used to idle right around +650rpm before my tune, so this is normal. Hilton Tuning was able to up the idle to 800rpm and this has made things smoother. So the answer is yes the idle can be increased through software.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts