SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my pushbutton start on my coupe for awhile and have been happy with it's performance. The current setup uses the Nissan OEM button and a remote starter to perform the activation sequence. This type of setup would require most people to have it professionally installed unless very detailed instructions were provided. Last week my buddy and I made a setup that requires no remote starter. System works like this:<p>1. One press - acc/ign/key sense wires energized(key position II)<br>2. Press again- power off(key position 0)<br>3. Foot on brake + one button press and hold and the system energizes to position II, then energizes the starter wire. <br>4. Release button, starter disengages, drive away.<br>System also cuts power to accessory wire during cranking no different than the factory key.<br>5. Press button to shut vehicle off<br>6. Key can still be used when you want<p>If you discount the connections to the wires that go to the key cylinder this setup has 3 connections to the car and IMO very easy to install. These include:<p>1. Power directly from battery<br>2. Ground, any good chassis metal connection<br>3. Brake wire at the pedal<p>Security can be handled by each individual user, and can be as low tech as taking the button with you, but I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions. This is not for sale, but just asking the question.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts