SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loaded my IPD tune last week and immediately did some data logging to make sure everything looked alright. I am hitting targeted boost levels and the car feels great. However, I logged my AFR's to find this.

After sending the data to Ken at IPD, he said this looked off and that the tune is targeting low to mid 11's at WOT. I am running too lean. He suggested I check my fuel pressure and that it may be possibly falling off at higher RPM's. I took out VIDA and was able to capture this 2nd gear WOT pull.

It looks like fuel pressure is indeed falling off. This isn't normal, correct? What would I look at replacing first to remedy the issue (if there is one)?

TIA
-Patrick

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The obvious first question is has a fuel filter change been done lately?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
One purchase of poor fuel will do in a fuel filter.
Change that and re-test.

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
Ya...I think Patrick mentioned he bought some low grade gas during sandy....:)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Pressure is made by excess supply over flow. When the supply needed is low when not under high boost and throttle, then the restriction's reduced supply is still there to keep the pressure high enough. When you go to a higher demand you find the point at which the compromised supply fails to exceed the flow and pressure drops.
Faintly open your hose bib with a hose and sprayer attached. The hose gets hard and is at full pressure. Open the sprayer nozzle and it blasts the water out for an instant and then drops to a trickling stream as the pressure falls from low supply against the now possible high flow of opened nozzle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts