SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Camaro, 2006 Honda Odyssey, 2018 S90 T8, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my 2018 T8 for three weeks but yesterday after a highway trip, there was a significant grinding type noise coming from the rear of the car literally a block from my house. I drove the car again last night with no issue.
If I continue to drive it so that the noise continues most of the time and if it continues to get worse, will it eventually disable the car? I don't want to take it to the dealer only to be told they couldn't duplicate the issue and waste 3-4 hours driving there and then waiting.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Best thing to do would be to take a video next time it occurs and send it to the dealer, or make a appointment after the sound occurs with the video so they can hear the actual noise.
There is a TJ on 2 noises the ERAD can make which could mean a failure in the motor or transmission. I have downloaded the files but cant seem to upload them as they are MP4s. Let me know if you'd like me to send them so you can compare

·
Registered
1970 Camaro, 2006 Honda Odyssey, 2018 S90 T8, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did talk with a service advisor today and since it has only done it the once, I'll wait until it gets worse. Perhaps if my wife is with me, she can hop out to take a video. I'm glad I bought a CPO that still had some warranty left.
I'm thinking that if I keep it in AWD, I might discover some information that will be helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts