SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving to Quebec, and I'm not sure if I want to try importing the R or not. I have it financed, and unfortunately it seems Canadian R's don't equate to the exchange.

Any advice? If someone wants it badly enough, and I don't lose too much on it I may sell it. I am located in NW Montana currently, but probably will drive the R to Quebec unless someone around here buys it first. If not, it would probably sell it in Vermont or thereabouts.

Specs: 2007, Electric Silver, M66, ATACAMA!, 98,500 miles, Timing Belt replaced, Haldex pump replaced, IPD parking brake shoes, new coil packs, brakes done at 80K something still plenty left, anymore you want to know?

The car is in pretty good shape cosmetically, there are a few shallow scratches but most can probably be buffed out. The leather is in great shape, (the back seat looks like it has never been sat in) although the drivers seat has a bit of a scratch from the previous owner.

I love this car and do not want to get rid of it, but what should I do?

If I can get ~11K from it, I would be happy. (Well not really, because then I won't have it anymore)

Any advice?

I'll try to get some pictures tonight.

·
Registered
393 Posts
11k sounds very reasonable. IDK what kind of R buyer market exists in Montana but I imagine with those options and the condition you claim the car to be in you'll generate some good interest.

·
Registered
835 Posts
interested generated.

-background on the car? owners, full service history, etc would be good
-what fluids have been used, and how frequently have they been changed
-any other mods? sounds stock..
-car come with any extras: wheels, mats, racks, etc

In northern VT all the time, this could be quite convenient...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
interested generated.

-background on the car? owners, full service history, etc would be good
-what fluids have been used, and how frequently have they been changed
-any other mods? sounds stock..
-car come with any extras: wheels, mats, racks, etc

In northern VT all the time, this could be quite convenient...
I am the 3rd owner. I just bought it in January from Seattle where it has been most of its life. Was owned by a lady who used it to drive 1.5 hrs to work (Hwy miles) although I'm afraid she wasn't so good at parallel parking because the Pegs (18") are rather scuffed unfortunately.

The oil has always been changed at 3K, the previous owner was using Mobil 1 synthetic, I've also been using synthetic. I changed the Haldex fluid a few thousand ago and have all the other fluids to be changed here right shortly (Tranny, angle gear, rear diff).

The R is stock and always has been. Windows are tinted pretty dark, I'm not sure how dark they are but I'm guessing it's below legal limit.

As far as extras, (don't know if this counts) I got a spare tire and jack set for it. I also have a dice/vida unit I might sell with it unless I get a Canadian Volvo.

This is mainly a feeler thread, it isn't officially for sale yet... But I might give in if someone entices me with some offers

Oh, I just installed XC90 axle bolts, so she's a quiet shifter now :) Any work done to it I did myself. Also replaced the propshaft CV.

Oh, forgot to add: The first owner was a Russian guy living in Seattle who actually went to Sweden and picked this R up from the factory. He then drove it all over Europe and even went to the Nurburgring track and drove it there! There's a sticker on the back window from that event. Kind of a cool bit of history I think. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Let me know if you decide to sell. 11k is a fair number and I have a summer house near middlebury vt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
M66 that's manual correct .. care to post images ?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
I guess I forgot to take some pictures. It doesn't look like I'm selling it after all, or at least not very soon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
"If I can get ~11K from it, I would be happy. (Well not really, because then I won't have it anymore)"

You should be ecstatic to get 11K.

·
Registered
117 Posts
"If I can get ~11K from it, I would be happy. (Well not really, because then I won't have it anymore)"

You should be ecstatic to get 11K.
Um 11k is a completely reasonable price for an 07 with those options and mileage. I'm sure he'll be able to get that price with a little patience

1 - 10 of 10 Posts