SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver seat is possed, dont know what to do about it other then pulling the fuse.

The problem: seat will move on its own forcing me into the steering wheel! Is becoming very frustrating!! Some days its fine, other days every other 5 minutes while driving the seat moves on its own!

Im guessing probably need to get a new motor installed?? And how much $$$ would that be?

Thank you in advance.

-T

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I think you may be in the wrong forum
If this is an 01 or newer, set the seat and mirrors where you want them set, then set your memory button, THEN LOCK AND UNLOCK THE DOOR WITH THE REMOTE..

If this really is a 98-2000, then this is truly bizarre. I've never heard of this happening! :eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope I have a 1998 Volvo V70 AWD, and only while I am driving does the seat move on its own. Maybe a loose wire? Or the seat motor is going bad??

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
I'd replace the switch pack to start with.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
If the motor was going bad, you would be having trouble getting it moving I think. Sounds like the controls may actually be damaged. They may need to be replaced or even just cleaned (a conductive fluid could cause this).

Obviously this is very dangerous.

I believe pulling fuse 39 will disable the power seat.

Someone should probably confirm this for you, but it may be a good idea to position the seat then pull this fuse and keep it out while driving until you get this issue resolved.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Yeah, sounds like an actual stuck switch and when you hit a bump. the contact is so close, it moves.
These do go bad all the time but I've never heard of one doing this, though anything is possible.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so should I first just check to see if everything is tightened under the seat?? Because I have noticed hitting a couple bumps will also cause the unintended moving of the seat.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
The switch pack lifts up from the rear of the seat. No hardware needed. This is where the electronics lie that have probably failed.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
My money is on the switch it self, what you actually press to move the seat. When it starts moving on it's own reach down and jiggle the forward/back switch and see if it stops.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
These seats rock anyway even when tight

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Move the driver's seat all the way forward and up for inspection.

Locate the seat control module that's under there
and the harness that runs to it from the switch.

Get the seat where you want it.

Reach underneath and unplug the switch.

If the problem doesn't occur again, you have a faulty switch.
Could be a simple as something like a spilled coke making
a memory switch touchy and sensitive to bumpy roads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts