SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Positive Reports

3K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Tostik 
#1 ·
As an owner of a "gen 1" XC90, I am anxiously awaiting news on how people like their new XC90s. However, all of the posts are about questions or issues. So, lets here how you like your new XC90. Tell us the good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful.

#2 ·
I really liked our 2005 XC90 T5 awd and would still have it if it weren't for its increasing maintenance costs (I bought it with relatively high miles and it began to show). I very much like the looks, the ride, how quiet the new one is and I love the usability of this XC90. It seats the family comfortably, the ACC is amazing and I just started using the park assist with excellent results. I have the Momentum with the convenience package and BLIS. It's by no means the fanciest thing but it is exactly what I wanted. I'm very happy with the interior quality and comfort. I have the plastic bed mat and the mud flaps. I intend to pick up the heated steering wheel and possibly summer wheels with the intent of using the stock wheels for dedicated snow duty. The only thing I find annoying is the front proximity sensor that comes on when you get a little close to the car in front of you, why it allows the adaptive cruise control to get close to the vehicle ahead but warns if I get as close with the gas pedal is beyond me and I wish it would stop. It's a vehicle that I walk away from and look back at with a smile on my face. She also gets a lot of compliments from friends, family and coworkers, not that that's why I got it but Volvos are usually vehicles that few notice, I'm a little surprised. Excellent vehicle and I'm very happy with her :D

#3 ·
I have had my Inscription loaded with most of the upgrades other than the air suspension, since the end of August. I LOVE IT.

It's a beautiful car -- I have had two Lexus RXs previously which I liked a lot, but I LOVE the XC90, I think it's a classier looking car.

I have had zero significant issues, just an occasional software glitch that doesn't cause any problems. The seats are incredibly comfortable. I love the seat ventilation. Hasn't been cold enough here in Oregon to use the heated seats yet, but I have tried the heated steering wheel a couple of times and it's nice and warm, fast.

I think the linear walnut wood accents are beautiful. I keep the cupholders covered most of the time, just so I can look at it.

The Bowers & Wilkins stereo is amazing. I have paid for upgraded stereos before, and ended up not being that impressed, but the sound on this is spectacular, and the speakers are striking looking in a classy way, too.

I'm getting almost 22 mpg, which is only 2-3 mpg less than my Lexus RX hybrid, so I'm pretty happy with the fuel economy.

The adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assistant, etc. are all really cool. The park in/park out stuff is amazing.

I get lots of compliments from people who have ridden in it or looked at it. Everyone agrees it's a really striking car.

So, for me, lots to be happy about!

#4 ·
Thanks, I forgot to mention the lane keep assist which I really like. I also like pilot assist but I wish it went up to 55 or 57mph so I'd be able to use it more. I very much like the handling as well as the pickup/throttle response at any speed except in Eco mode, I keep it in comfort which is plenty.

#5 ·
#6 ·
I love mine. I have an inscription loaded with everything except HUD and it is an amazing car so far. My previous car was a 535i xdrive. The bimmer drove amazingly well and, with a 300 hp straight six, really flew, but the Volvo drives well also. Not the same level of fun on a country road but I knew that when I bought an suv, and it drives very well for a car its size. It also also more spacious, gets better fuel economy, is safer, and had way more driver tech. Overall I am very happy.

#8 ·
Thanks for starting this thread. Most of the threads on here are doom and gloom and I am still waiting for mine to show up at the dealer, so it has been making me a bit anxious wondering what I have gotten myself into! I understand, of course, that human nature is to not say much if nothing is wrong.

#10 ·
Yes. Thank you so much for starting this thread! I'm picking mine up in a few days, and I suddenly started panicking after reading some of the nightmares that people are going through. It sounds like a majority of the XC90s are fine, though, other than a few minor glitches that will hopefully be ironed out in a future update. I'm assuming the cars with major issues are few and far between. People who are unhappy tend to be the most vocal, so it's hard to accurately judge just how prevalent these issues are.

#11 ·
I have 2000 miles so far my Inscription and love it. I have had no issues whatsoever. IMHO, I think a lot of the cries for help on this forum should go to the dealer. My advice to anyone on the fence about ordering this vehicle is to just do it. If you let all the negativity you see on this forum affect your decision, you are missing out.

Thanks so much for this thread. I am glad to see other owners that are enjoying this wonderful vehicle.

#16 ·
I have 2000 miles so far my Inscription and love it. I have had no issues whatsoever. IMHO, I think a lot of the cries for help on this forum should go to the dealer. My advice to anyone on the fence about ordering this vehicle is to just do it. If you let all the negativity you see on this forum affect your decision, you are missing out.

Thanks so much for this thread. I am glad to see other owners that are enjoying this wonderful vehicle.
I'm incredibly happy with the vehicle, but also really appreciate the "negative" information here for owners. If i had a choice for this site to be all negative, or all positive, it's an easy choice for negative. Of course the balance (and posts like this) are ideal.

Even a very knowledgeable dealer would have a fraction of the knowledge and good info here on the smaller day to day issues (it's shocking to realize how little they know at times.) It's invaluable to know that your cameras and navigation suddenly going out is happening to other people and is fixable via software update, rather than a hardware or individual build issue. A few page magazine review of the car can give you a pretty solid of whether you should consider it for a purchase and go for a test drive, but one would never get the detailed troubleshooting info outside of this forum.

#12 ·
I have an Inscription with Vision/Convenience and a few other odds and ends. I picked it up via OSD in mid-July, and took dealer delivery late August. We have about 4,500 miles on it so far. Without reservation, I can say I love the car. In ECO mode, I've gotten 28ish MPG. The difference between the driving modes is incredible. To echo prior praises, the ACC, and Pilot Assist are amazing. I got stuck in some road construction on a recent trip. Put it in Pilot Assist and with occassional input at the wheel, kept pace for about 1 hour.
Seems every time I drive it I learn more about the car and am amazed and the forethought Volvo put into it. There have been a bunch of folks critical of the NAV (and probably for good reason). However, I've been very impressed with it. Also, the entire interior is incredible: the seats, the dash (Human interface), the sunroof, the climate control, the voice commands (most of the time).

#13 ·
Yeah I'll chime in with a positive report. Love this car! I'm close to my 10K maintenance already with no real issues. And I really do love it, the utility, drivability, aesthetics, everything. I love the touchscreen controls- unlike some critics, I'm a huge fan of keeping as much as possible on the screen and deleting unnecessary buttons. The seats are amazing.

I have high hopes for the update coming next month but they are mainly hoping to make an already amazing car even better.

#15 ·
The ride and handling quality, interior finish, appointments, and tech come together for an incredible package. Getting 28mpg on the highway is just a nice addition. The seats, the stereo, I could just go on and on. These aren't a few little items that are really good, these are items that each and every one are best in class. Put them together, and yeah, it's good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.