SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, I bought an aftermarket fog light kit coming with the harnes...only thet did not think about those who have the battery in the back, they say to connect the red wire to the battery...anyone can help ?

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
There is a positive battery connection behind the fuse cover lid by drivers side shock tower. Lift the small cover up and you'll see a big fat red wire with a smaller nut on top where you can bolt the power lead.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a positive battery connection behind the fuse cover lid by drivers side shock tower. Lift the small cover up and you'll see a big fat red wire with a smaller nut on top where you can bolt the power lead.
Big fat wire was there...for some reason there is no cover over it so I did not see it, noobish question ever but its what happens when you work on your car that early on saturday lol

...Used it to test the new fogs but I think I will get a fuse tap and install them with the no 34 fuse if I recal correctly. Is that a correct for fogs ? Used to have the LED stripe connected that way so they turned on with my remote courtesy light button...would be an even nicer effect to have the fogs light up that way at night.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
I have no idea what fuse #34 is offhand, check your owners manual I guess. I'd be careful increasing the load on circuits though, make sure you know what you are doing or else you could make the electric smoke come out and it's impossible to put back in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have no idea what fuse #34 is offhand, check your owners manual I guess. I'd be careful increasing the load on circuits though, make sure you know what you are doing or else you could make the electric smoke come out and it's impossible to put back in.
Verified. Not yet plugged. Fuse is 30 Parking lights, left front and left rear, the wire itself has a fuse on it too. I would be getting a fuse tap and LED bulbs for the fogs, LEDs should not drain much power...less output but much nicer color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts