SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 V60CC
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on the best brand and model portable air compressor?

Thanks in advance for your response.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just use the tire inflator that came with my car

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just have a random Chinese compressor from Amazon.
I have this one in my Volvo, used it a few times and works well. There are many which look exactly like this and I expect are, in fact, exactly the same with different branding.

I have this one in my wife's car (got it on sale for about $30). Use it every few weeks due to a slow leak from one of the TPMS valve stems. Figured it'll just be fixed when we replace her tires in the next year. I prefer this one over the one I got for my car. Dial is easier to read and adjust and it comes with a little bag. Both are easy to use, though.

·
Registered
145 Posts

The Husky pump from Home Depot seems pretty good. Kinda depends what you value more from the pump, size, speed, price.

Reactions: meade18

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have the black + decker electric inflator and I'm happy with it. I got it because it is one of the few on the market that can be powered by AC, DC, or a battery. It's reasonably priced compared to other battery powered inflators and I already had a couple black + decker batteries. But even if you don't have batteries, their batteries are affordable (and cheap knock offs are available).

·
Registered
333 Posts

The Husky pump from Home Depot seems pretty good. Kinda depends what you value more from the pump, size, speed, price.

Should've known that project farm has a comparison test for this. Love that YouTube channel.

Reactions: thebobwiley

·
Registered
2,264 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Reactions: Seaway

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
351 Posts
Any thoughts on the best brand and model portable air compressor?

Thanks in advance for your response.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do you have to hold the trigger down the whole time it is inflating? That would be a deal breaker for me.
Per the product Q&A:

Question:
Do you have to hold the trigger or is there a trigger lock?
Answer:
No there is no trigger but I fixed that issue with a piece of velcro that I just leave on the tool. When ready I just pull the trigger secure the velcro and sit back and wait for the auto shutoff when preset PSI is reached
By CrippleB on September 10, 2020
Looking through the reviews, folks got creative. Screwdriver handle under the trigger, bungee cord, drilled a hole and inserted a pin, clamp...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have to hold the trigger down the whole time it is inflating? That would be a deal breaker for me.
You do, but the trigger isn't hard to squeeze, and it fills tires pretty quickly. It's never been a big deal, and I've used it quite a bit. If holding the trigger is that much of an issue, you could easily put a strip of Velcro on there as suggested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts