SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went into the ENG machine shop and port and polished my over the engine turbo pipe. I decieded that i would take off enough on the restriction points so that i would aquire 25 percent more flow through those choke points. i ported both sides of the pipe and grinded down some of the welds also tried to polish as much as i could in the pipe. LEt me say that the atleast in my GT 2004 s60r the turbo spools so much faster around 1750 as apposed to 2000 rpm. Also first and second gear have alot more kick to it. i think everyone should do this 10 buck mod, if they are going to tune there car later.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
did they port/polish just the openings...or did they try to remove/polish areas up/inside the pipe as well???<p>what did you pay for the work?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (23109VC)

i did it all myself i ported and polished 8 inches into the pipe on both ends i used a buffing tool thats basically on a stick so it got deep in there was a 6 -8 inch section that i couldnt reach. it cost me about 10-20 bucks<br>

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Re: (p0cket penguins)

how much did you take off? i saw an earlier post with pics where it looks liek a lot of material was removed...the walls of the pipe became pretty thin....<p>any one care to comment if they think this mod is actually worth doing....or could it possible do anthing to hurt performance??<p>my gut tells me more flow/smoother passages = better. But before I go and polish mine up - I'd like to hear from the people here who *know*...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (23109VC)

i have actually did this and i took off 2 mm off the pipe it seems stableand the cast is really good. it actually helped performance alot by cutting the spooling time.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: port and polish (p0cket penguins)

Hmm, I have that turbo pipe from Evolve...<p>Wonder if they already did soome work on it. I'll ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts