SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Fight it that is a 6 point ticket the trooper who pulled you over will usually work out a deal with you in court before you see the judge and it may get lowered. No dollar amount cause they want to see what happens. trust me fight it, or get a lawyer up there to fight it,don't just let it go, your insurance rate depends on it.
Take it from experience I know. Also the don't offer that pay twice the ticket crap in NY I wish the did I would have no points compared to the 11 points I have now. in the past 7 years I have had a total of 24 points, 12 of which were for speeding upstate NY.

Also taking the defensive driving course helps I know a guy in queens you can get the certificate from its like 4 points off your license and 10% off your insurance. The class is like 6 hours not with my guy though.

Re: (JimLill)

Oh yes the dmv driver assessment responsibility charge 6 points= $300 dollars over 3 years yes I am on my 3rd round of that I owe them another 200 bucks. Forgot about that one Jim thanks.
Go to court fight it. lots of downsides to just paying it and pleading guilty!

Re: Popped all kinds of cherries this weekend (Husker Z)

Quote, originally posted by Husker Z »

Generally, you can offer to pay twice the ticket amount to have it reduced to a non moving violation and it won't hurt your/your dad's insurance. I would contact the court where you were issued the ticket and ask them if such a service is available. You could call a local attorney too, they'd know.

LOL what crack are you smoking

Thats another internet myth.

Simpley call and see what the cop can do for you , he will either help you out or he wont.

If you dont pay you will get a summons , then if you still dont do anything then you will get a letter that will saying that they will be requesting the state that you live in to suspend your liscense.

Your state will agree to it and suspend your liscense untill you pay the ticket.

There is only four states in the US that dont do this.
That is ending at the end of this year IIRC then all states tickets will be doign this.

Ask me how I know how

here read over ...
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum...=jail

what you should of done was requested a court apperence right away.

you can be in and out if the judge isnt booked in a few hrs.

Re: Popped all kinds of cherries this weekend (1999_V70)

Quote, originally posted by 1999_V70 »
Lawyer up and stop admitting guilt on the internet.

Yup.........why actually fess up to the crime when you can lawyer up and try to weasel out. After all, it couldn't possibly be your fault that you were speeding.

LOL I know its never mind its my damn lead foot

I would take Adams advice and use a lawyer to do your bidding for you. More than likely you are going to be found guilty and hopefully you will have to pay the double amount and not take any points. Seeing that NYS is in a "deficit," its about money, especially with that 3 year rule for speeding tickets. Ive had my fair share and it always pay to have a lawyer present.

In NY, you cannot do anything online for a moving violation, you have to go and see a magistrate and they will try to plea something. Who knows, you may also get lucky and the officer may not show up and may be reduced and then you'll pay the minimum with no points. If you get points, talk to Mike about his "friend" who can get you the class.

Good luck.

I guess a laser jammer is your next purchase?

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Re: Popped all kinds of cherries this weekend (AthruC)

Quick update

my 88 in 65 speeding ticket got reduced to 70 in 65.

No points; just a fine

I'm a happy camper; could have been much worse

Re: Popped all kinds of cherries this weekend (Chilled Man)

I picked up a ticket for 86 in a 55 on the way home south from Lake Placid. A Trooper gave me a ticket for 82 mph, reducing the penalty. $550 in fees. 6 points in NY state, but through reciprocity, translates to 2 points in NJ. One driver improvement education course and it disappears. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
This happened in October of 2007 and has yet to appear on my Jersey record. I recently registerd a car and MVS checked my DL record. Still no mention of it.

I'll be pissed if telling this tale leads to some strange Karma and I get a letter in the mail...

Scott

befriend a trooper and get one of those sticker for your car that says be kind i know a trooper (Police Benevolent Association Of The New York State Trooper, INC., sticker) and remember that tooper's name. and upstate is north of albany not just north of the MTA

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.